Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is mainly just a little rant but I thought it was worthwhile posting it to get it off my chest... my boyfriend's on holiday at the mo and was supposed to ring me as we've not spoken properly, only a few texts back and forth, since he went on holiday. He's gone for 3 and a bit weeks so its quite important I think that we keep the contact going! But anyway, he was supposed to ring me before he went to bed and he hasnt! I wouldnt have minded if it was just a 'I'll ring you when I get chance' sorta thing! Am sooo annoyed at him, I hate unreliability in general but its so much more important now that we dont get much chance to chat because he's on holiday, plus I know that when he does eventually get in contact with me Im just going to be annoyed with him so we arent going to have a proper chat... so done anyone else find this really annoying and is anyone else's other half unreliable??

ReputationRep:
    Ouch, he's on holiday, give him a break He was probably busy and lost track of time, ran out of money/credit, ran out of battery...it could be millions of things.

yeesh..

ReputationRep:
    ooo yea I mean we didnt set a specific time but all I really wanted was a 5/10 minute chat so we can catch up on what we we've both been up to... and its 9 hours ahead of here so he's had pretty much all evening to give me a ring... its just so annoying because Im missing him and couldnt imagine ever jsut 'forgetting' to ring him if I had arranged that with him, especially seeing as he's a long way away

P.S I'm not a complete psycho if he just forgets to ring me in general if he's home, its just because he's away that it winds me up majorly :p:

P.P.S he's on a family holiday so it cant be anything like he's passed out on a beach somewhere after one two many (well I hope not anyway!)

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people say they'll call me and then never do because it usually cheers me up that someone is gonna call and then when they don't it's a bit like err well THAT was rude(especially when they don't let you know they're not going to anymore) so i know how you feel, it must be especially hard because you haven't seen/spoken to him in so long etc. But don't worry, he's probably just busy with holiday stuff and will call you and apologise when he gets the chance

ReputationRep:
    I hope to God that your ticker in your sig is not related to your boyfriend...You need to relax! Let the poor guy enjoy his holiday, his time to have some r&r, rather than getting angry because he hasn't called exactly when you ordered him to.

Just because you aren't 'keeping the contact' (I mean, get a grip woman!), doesn't mean your relationship is over....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyBelly2007)
    Hey, don't worry that he hasn't rung you. There could be a variety of reasons why. I remember when my (ex) bf went on holiday, his battery on his phone died, and he couldn't charge it up for 2 weeks cause the plugs were different or something, so i didn't speka to him at all whilst he was away. have you text him asking him why he hasn't rung?
    Yes I text him about 3 hours ago just asking how he was, if he was going to ring me etc but no reply so far..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssk2)
    I hope to God that your ticker in your sig is not related to your boyfriend...You need to relax! Let the poor guy enjoy his holiday, his time to have some r&r, rather than getting angry because he hasn't called exactly when you ordered him to.

Just because you aren't 'keeping the contact' (I mean, get a grip woman!), doesn't mean your relationship is over....
    haha yea it is actually, but he had it on his msn name so Im not the only bunny boiler in this relationship! lol... and I didnt order him to, he said he'd ring me at that time, I never forced him to ring me at a particular time

ReputationRep:
    Well if he's 9 hours ahead, n you texted him at 12, don't you think he'll be having a nice family meal or something, you know, at dinner time?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssk2)
    Well if he's 9 hours ahead, n you texted him at 12, don't you think he'll be having a nice family meal or something, you know, at dinner time?!
    oo yea Ive thought about that its just annoying, if he was going to be out late doing whatever so he wouldnt be able to ring me then fine, just a text to let me know would have been polite instead of absolutely nothing

ReputationRep:
    he's on holiday.. try not to get too worked up over this. and DO NOT be angry with him when he does finally call cause.. wel, that'll make him even less likely to ring you while hes away, if he's just getting abuse. i went on holiday a few weeks ago and hardly spoke to my boyfriend, i mean, i did miss him but i was too busy having fun to worry about checking my phone or the time etc. things come up on holiday, especially if you're with your family, you dont always have a say in what happens, e.g. if he left his phone in the hotel and his family don't want to go back to the hotel etc. dont worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    I see what your saying... but its 1.40 in the morning there and I cant think of any explanation why he hasnt rung.. usually he's not the type of person who forgets to call or whatever.. more worried than anything else now to be honest

ReputationRep:
    OP, retract your claws?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettygreeneyes99)
    I see what your saying... but its 1.40 in the morning there and I cant think of any explanation why he hasnt rung.. usually he's not the type of person who forgets to call or whatever.. more worried than anything else now to be honest
    perhaps he is asleep? does he drink? where has he gone on holiday? i know that when i was on holiday i was in clubs/bars all night and would have not been able to ring anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I guess he could be asleep, its just generally annoying because I cant ring him from here because of how much it would cost where as he was supposed to be getting a phone card... Just hate the feeling of not knowing why he hasnt rung and whether he's okay or not

and claws are fully retracted :p:

ReputationRep:
    hmm I guess, cant wait til he's back home though so all this stress can stop! Thanks for the advice everyone's given, appreciate it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.