Turn on thread page Beta

What are options for a Bangladeshi to work abroad? watch

ReputationRep:
    Other than a construction worker, IT, Engineer and other science and technology background?
    P.S-I'm a law graduate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Topu)
    Other than a construction worker, IT, Engineer and other science and technology background?
    P.S-I'm a law graduate.
    Regardless of your citizenship, a law degree will not help you get into scientific careers. Why didn't you do a STEM degree if they're your career goals.

With a law degree, you could easily go into law, politics, public affairs, banking (provided you're numeracy skills are up to scratch), teaching, advertising, PR, and the media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    Regardless of your citizenship, a law degree will not help you get into scientific careers. Why didn't you do a STEM degree if they're your career goals.

With a law degree, you could easily go into law, politics, public affairs, banking (provided you're numeracy skills are up to scratch), teaching, advertising, PR, and the media.
    applying since i came to UK to study, no luck. still applying and kind of noticing my nationality being the problem (taxes raised on hiring non eu workers)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Topu)
    applying since i came to UK to study, no luck. still applying and kind of noticing my nationality being the problem (taxes raised on hiring non eu workers)
    Which careers have you been looking at? If you've been looking at STEM careers with a Law degree, it's not surprising you haven't had much success. Why not look at other sectors that align more with your degree?

ReputationRep:
    Which careers have you been looking at? If you've been looking at STEM careers with a Law degree, it's not surprising you haven't had much success. Why not look at other sectors that align more with your degree?
    legal chambers, general office jobs, retail, administration, HR, PR, environmental and biotech law industries, teaching (which needs separate qualification and which means more money for tuition), media, translation, advertising. applied in these sects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Topu)
    legal chambers, general office jobs, retail, administration, HR, PR, environmental and biotech law industries, teaching (which needs separate qualification and which means more money for tuition), media, translation, advertising.
    Usually for translation you need officially recognised language qualifications. The others you could easily get into, provided during your time at university you got extra experience outside of academics

ReputationRep:
    Usually for translation you need officially recognised language qualifications. The others you could easily get into, provided during your time at university you got extra experience outside of academics
    got 9 months work experience and part time jobs. i know where i might be lacking but i dont know how to fix it being in the UK, because i dont have much time to fix it. the best i can do i keep working part time. i seriously dont want to go back. i could get in any jobs with the qualification but not here, maybe in bangladesh. but as i said, not looking to go back.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

Where does they say a scientific career was their goal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Where does they say a scientific career was their goal?
    Because they asked for careers other than STEM careers, suggesting OP had been looking at those careers originally
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Topu)
    got 9 months work experience and part time jobs. i know where i might be lacking but i dont know how to fix it being in the UK, because i dont have much time to fix it. the best i can do i keep working part time. i seriously dont want to go back. i could get in any jobs with the qualification but not here, maybe in bangladesh. but as i said, not looking to go back.
    Didnt you realise before you came to study that your visa was for being a student and not to come and work here? If you were an exceptional lawyer then maybe a law firm would take you on, but its extra hassle and they are required to show that they cant fill the position with someone else from the EU.Its competitive enough as it is.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Because they asked for careers other than STEM careers, suggesting OP had been looking at those careers originally
    But he says other than....

ReputationRep:
    Didnt you realise before you came to study that your visa was for being a student and not to come and work here? If you were an exceptional lawyer then maybe a law firm would take you on, but its extra hassle and they are required to show that they cant fill the position with someone else from the EU.Its competitive enough as it is.
    i aint exceptional, just that i might be able to get a job in bangladesh. and every student, anywhere, not just in the UK, would like to have at least 2 years work experience in the country they've studied.

ReputationRep:
    But he says other than....
    Suggesting he had been looking at said careers, had been unsuccessful, so was consequently looking at other options
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Suggesting he had been looking at said careers, had been unsuccessful, so was consequently looking at other options
    Doesnt say that to me at all. It suggests when he has been looking at jobs those are the areas that might consider employing him despite his non EU status.

It would make a nonsense of him studying law 3 years ago.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Topu)
    i aint exceptional, just that i might be able to get a job in bangladesh. and every student, anywhere, not just in the UK, would like to have at least 2 years work experience in the country they've studied.
    I meant to persuade a alw firm here to take you then you would have to be exceptional as it is so competitive. The other way is if you have contacts and cna use your language skills. If its a no return at any cost, then you might consider looking into whether any of the immigration firms might take you assuming you have additional language skills.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.