Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a Pakistani resident studying currently in Pakistan, I needed advice from informative people about my future and what I should do next.

At the time of my O levels(CIE) I wasn’t so serious about my studies as i only thought they would be needed for my A level admission and not for undergrad, so I screwed up and ended up with:
    June 2005
    Islamiat - B
    Urdu - B

Nov 2005
    Statistics - B

June 2006
    Mathematics - A
    Accounting - A
    Economics - B
    Business Studies - B
    English - C
    Pakistan Studies - B

Which is not so good and I know I could’ve scored at least 6 A's as all my B's are higher B's. Now I am taking my A levels and have taken my AS level in June 07 and recently received my results:
    June 2007
    Accounting - A
    Mathematics - A
    Economics - B (88%)

Now the problem is I regret not retaking my o level a year back but I still have time and I can give my at least one o level subject for which I am quite confident ill score a A grade in, On the other hand people have also advised me to give Psychology AS level(just AS) this Oct.

Now i have three options
    1.Give two O Level Subjects and try to score 2 additional A grades.
    2.Leave my O Levels behind, it doesn’t matter now and give AS psychology and score AAAB in AS level.
    3.Give one O level subject(Commerce) along with AS psychology.

I could go for other options depending upon how important they are, Ill be completing A levels for Maths, Accounting, Economics only and will only take two modules for Psychology. Also it is compulsory for me to take "General Paper" AS level from my school this Nov so then ill end up with 5 AS subjects but I don’t think i can score an A in general paper but quite confident on Psychology A.

I will also be taking TOEFL before this December, haven’t decided on when to give it yes, i am also preparing for my "SAT 1" as local universities have it as requirement. So that’s a plus, also I think I can manage good predicted grades something like AAA in A levels or at least AAB

I am aiming for the following Universities in UK:
    LSE (best option)
    Warwick
    Manchester
    Bath

I don’t know how much weight age universities give to O level grades if the do give a lot of weight age to them then I don’t think any of the above university will consider me properly.

I don’t have much time to decide and have to take a decision in the next week at most. I haven’t yet registered for my CIE exams yet except for "General Paper".

Thank you all for taking out time and reading my post, any help will be much appreciated.

All of that summarized in one line
    How important are GCSEs and will i get anywhere with 2As in GCSEs, is it still too late to take O level exams ? or should i take an additional AS subjecy, help me select from the three options above.

ReputationRep:
    So what's your question? :s:

ReputationRep:
    Lmfao. Sorry, but you keep using "give" instead of "take" - your using the opposite word!:rolleyes:

If your asking if GCSE's (o levels) are important, then yes of course they are! Especialy as a foreign student, there's alot of competition. The top uni's will almost certainly pay attention to your GCSE's.

ReputationRep:
    First post edited, my bad

ReputationRep:
    Another important question that i didnt point out and would like to know about is that, I am an A level student now and if i retake my Olevels at this stage will it matter?i mean is it too late? i mean the dates, because 2A 6B 1C isnt so good

ReputationRep:
    So many views yet no proper advice x/

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.