The Student Room Group

Why do so many peoppe on TSR love cats?.

I love dogs.
Dogs are so cute.
And unlike cats they actually show you love back.
Whereas with csts, you are basically their servant, dogs are your best friend.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Exovexo
I love dogs.
Dogs are so cute.

Cats show you love back. Cats are amazing.

But so are dogs. They're all brilliant!
I am basically a cat
Cats are superior in every way - that is why :colone:
Original post by Exovexo
I love dogs.
Dogs are so cute.

The age old question, cats or dogs?

Me?

Spoiler

Doritos are better
Cats are angels incarnate. :love:
Reply 7
Because they're weird :yep:

Dogs are better.
Hello.

The main reason is that I don't have to pick up a cats poo and carry it around in a little bag.

Cats are low maintenance and can look after themselves.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
cats love you back by playing with you
cats are so freaking adorable man

Spoiler

Because they're just so amazingly wonderful :love: Dogs are great too, but cats certainly do show love :smile:
Original post by Exovexo
I love dogs.
Dogs are so cute.

Cats do show love. I have one who'll come and sit next to me and slowly crawl on to me until he's sat right on top of me. He's even come and curled up in bed next to me the last couple of nights.
Reply 13
Original post by Exovexo
I love dogs.
Dogs are so cute.

Whaaat cats do show you love back!

I'm not a biased 'cat person' by the way - I love both dogs and cats and have owned both.

If you get the right sort of cat, and you raise it from a kitten with a lot of affection, not just letting it do its own thing (because then it will become 'catty' in the way non-cat-lovers imagine) then it can be so affectionate.

My cats, for example, who live with my Mum, know the sound of her car parking up, and will all run to the door when they hear it. They are also really playful, one follows me around the house literally all the time, and basically lives in my room - but only when I'm there. She also loves to 'talk' - she'll meow when you are talking to her. She also likes to 'clean' people. Often, if one of them is lying down and you walk past, they will flip onto their backs and show their bellies because they want to play. They know their names and will come running if you call them even if they are a few gardens away. They definitely show a lot of love and communicate a lot!
Cats don't stink of dead biscuits & dribble everywhere.
Reply 15
Original post by abc:)
Whaaat cats do show you love back!

I'm not a biased 'cat person' by the way - I love both dogs and cats and have owned both.

If you get the right sort of cat, and you raise it from a kitten with a lot of affection, not just letting it do its own thing (because then it will become 'catty' in the way non-cat-lovers imagine) then it can be so affectionate.

My cats, for example, who live with my Mum, know the sound of her car parking up, and will all run to the door when they hear it. They are also really playful, one follows me around the house literally all the time, and basically lives in my room - but only when I'm there. She also loves to 'talk' - she'll meow when you are talking to her. She also likes to 'clean' people. Often, if one of them is lying down and you walk past, they will flip onto their backs and show their bellies because they want to play. They know their names and will come running if you call them even if they are a few gardens away. They definitely show a lot of love and communicate a lot!

Even if cats do show you love ( which again I highly doubt) it's not to the level and extent of dogs.
Reply 16
[video="youtube;598IdFlOXcQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=598IdFlOXcQ[/video]
Reply 17
And also dogs will not scratch you when you hug them or try to pat them.

Dogs are so cute :colondollar:.
(edited 7 years ago)
They are cute, they are loving, they make brilliant companions. There's common misconception that cats can't show love which is utter rubbish. I've had cats and dogs all my life and while both have been affectionate towards me, I've always found the affection from a cat to be more meaningful in a way. Dogs pretty much love everyone whereas with cats, they have to get to know you first and their signs of love are more subtle but still as every bit strong as what a dog feels for his human.

Dogs lick your face, waggle their tails, cry when you leave but cats can have just as obvious signs of love too. All four of mine follow me everywhere around the house, sleep beside me, lick me (cats only groom other cats who they feel really close to so if they groom you, they feel like you are part of their family, they greet me as soon as I come into my house, they show their stomach to me (cats are most vulenrable when they lie on their back so they only lie down with their stomach exposed to those they really trust), they head bop me all the time and they knead on me. If those aren't signs of affection then I don't know what is :love: Yes, cats do have a 'I don't really give a **** about you' vibe to them at times but c'mon, we all do. Saying cats can't love or they are selfish all the time is just wrong. I had a feral cat that was abused by humans and lived on the streets for years but he was still capable of showing me love once I showed I was trustworthy.

I believe cats can show love to humans and I sense it every day with my own 4. I don't care if that makes me a crazy cat lady or delusional. My cats are happy and I'm happy :h:

Proof cats can be loving. Here's one of mine comforting me the day our dog died last year

Spoiler

They're so damn cute!!

Quick Reply

Latest