RamenNoNoodles
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
For one of my courses to do at college, I don't know whether to choose sociology or English literature. I'm interested in both but I can't choose both. Can someone give me a pros and cons list for picking sociology and English literature? Which course am I better off doing?
username2902610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RamenNoNoodles)
For one of my courses to do at college, I don't know whether to choose sociology or English literature. I'm interested in both but I can't choose both. Can someone give me a pros and cons list for picking sociology and English literature? Which course am I better off doing?
English Literature is probably a harder subject then Sociology.
username2303857
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RamenNoNoodles)
I do both at a-level. English literature there is a lot of reading, analysis, and writing. You have to be prepared to read and re-read books over again.
Sociology I'd say is easier (I did it a GCSE as well), and it helps to be interested in current affairs and perhaps politics. If you want to understand more about how society works, choose sociology. If you aren't that interested in it, you can still get a good grade as long as you are good at remembering stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (92)
13.92%
I'm not sure (31)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (213)
32.22%
I have already dropped out (14)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (311)
47.05%

Watched Threads