Turn on thread page Beta

Tumblr user gets racists fired. watch

ReputationRep:
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/iramadison/...eJp#.mxV63OlPe

So I recently had some racist abuse thrown my way on social media... the genius dishing it out had his employers listed on his profile. I went ahead and reported him. I sort of feel bad about it, but sort of don't.

Found this story while I was contemplating what I did.

Your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Lets get all those black racists fired also.

Just waiting till this gets even more out of hand with people saying racist jokes or actual facts like Black crime stats and getting called our for racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/iramadison/...eJp#.mxV63OlPe

So I recently had some racist abuse thrown my way on social media... the genius dishing it out had his employers listed on his profile. I went ahead and reported him. I sort of feel bad about it, but sort of don't.

Found this story while I was contemplating what I did.

Your thoughts?
    People need to learn their are consequences for their actions when they post discriminatory stuff on social media. Some forget that a lot of things a public, and there is a such a thing as sharing too much of your life. It's up to the employer whether they want to fire the person or not, if they do, thats their decision and probably a good thing. If you hadn't have reported them, someone else might have anyway, especially if they makes comments to other people.

ReputationRep:
    Fortunately this rubish has now shut down. Racism is wrong but half the things they targeted were borderline at best

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel guilty about reporting him. Like another has said, he needs to learn that actions have consequences. If I were an employer I'd much rather be informed that an employee of mine enjoys throwing around racist abuse in his spare time.

ReputationRep:
    Egh I'm not against reporting people per se but I wouldn't bother trying to ruin people's livelihoods just for petty crap they say on the internet. I suppose if I was actually part of a minority and was actually a receiver of such abuse I might think differently but idk.

Don't feel guilty, if only just because somebody else would've probably done it eventually given enough time and enough racist comments.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.