Aqa gcse citizenship studies help Watch

alicestudy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have mocks in December and want to begin revising, however I don't know how to begin as I've never had a proper lesson of Citizenship with my teacher (we've been doing coursework for 2 years!) and all she has given us is a workbook with activities in for teachers to do with a class and told us to revise. Does anyone have any sites or revision notes I could use to revise from?
ePret
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
trust me, citizenship is free A. Memorise some court steps from the text bokok. Think of the test as a verbal reasoning test.
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
coursework for 2 years? We did ours in 10 hours!
I was on Edexcel so it might be slightly different, but make sure you practise some of the longer questions (12 markers in the case of edexcel). Also, learn your key terms because there is often questions which approximately say "define (say) first past the post" and if you don't know what that is then you've lost the mark which is a bit annoying (did exactly that on my mock, and it cost me the grade).
But really, citizenship is pretty simple. I did mine in 2015, when I was in year 9, did one past paper as revision and got an A* on the paper, A overall. The election was the week before so I had been paying pretty close attention to that (because I found it interesting rather than for revision though) and I put a lot of specific knowledge from that into my 12 marker which I'm sure boosted me up significantly so try and concentrate on one section in particular, getting extended knowledge about it to use in whatever longer question comes up. (I'm assuming you have one lol).
Past papers are a really great help so use them to get used to the exam style and answering questions within the time period.
Other than that, relax! A citizenship mock is most definitely not going to change any of your future plans, so don't worry about it, it's just an extra free GCSE you can have
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (134)
18.23%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
9.93%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (127)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (72)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (224)
30.48%

Watched Threads