Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I'm an italian student and looking for info on how to fund my living costs in Scotland, since I'm planning to study at Edinburgh (or Aberdeen as a second choice) and I couldn't find anything about it on the net. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marco9z)
    Hello,
    I'm an italian student and looking for info on how to fund my living costs in Scotland, since I'm planning to study at Edinburgh (or Aberdeen as a second choice) and I couldn't find anything about it on the net. Any advice?
    Unless you are a migrant worker or child of a migrant worker or have lived in the UK for the last 5 years it is expected you will fund your living costs yourself. You may find Edinburgh or St Andrews offer some bursaries/scholarships you can apply for too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Unless you are a migrant worker or child of a migrant worker or have lived in the UK for the last 5 years it is expected you will fund your living costs yourself. You may find Edinburgh or St Andrews offer some bursaries/scholarships you can apply for too.
    I see. Then, are there any part-time job opportunities for European students? Or is it hard to work while studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marco9z)
    I see. Then, are there any part-time job opportunities for European students? Or is it hard to work while studying?
    Part-time work usually available to students (bar work, catering, retail etc) is low paid in the UK. You'd wouldn't be able to cover your living costs if you were doing those sorts of jobs part-time.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.