The Student Room Group

Boy bestfriend

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UWS
I don't think a guy and girl can truly be best friends without someone developing feelings. Unless both were already in a relationship, anyway.

Okay tbh, I probably look at it this way because I haven't been in that situation before.

I'm friends with several guys and am really close to about 3 of them. I know who they all have feelings for so I can't really see that happening. Also, no, I don't have feelings for any of them. So I just don't get it when anyone says a girl and guy just can't be friends.

Okay I'm ngl but people who don't know that you're friends with the guy, may just assume there's something going on and all but still. :tongue:
Original post by UWS
I don't think a guy and girl can truly be best friends without someone developing feelings. Unless both were already in a relationship, anyway.

Also, sometimes guys do make better best friends than girls.
Original post by sleepysnooze
what?

Oh, you were being serious.

How unfortunate.
It means he's your friend.. maybe it's you who sees it in a different light..
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I'm having a serious problem based on the usual replies on this site. Is this satire or do you genuinely believe what you've said?

help

ignore him he needs help
Reply 25
Original post by BhavyaB
Okay tbh, I probably look at it this way because I haven't been in that situation before.

I'm friends with several guys and am really close to about 3 of them. I know who they all have feelings for so I can't really see that happening. Also, no, I don't have feelings for any of them. So I just don't get it when anyone says a girl and guy just can't be friends.

Okay I'm ngl but people who don't know that you're friends with the guy, may just assume there's something going on and all but still. :tongue:

Friends yes, I have female friends... But with best friends you share a stronger connection than normal friends, you're closer and share a lot of secrets with each other, you hang out a lot, yada yada yada you get the idea. I just think with that level of closeness, someone may start to have feelings for the other person. It is possible, but depends on the people tbh...
Original post by UWS
Friends yes, I have female friends... But with best friends you share a stronger connection than normal friends, you're closer and share a lot of secrets with each other, you hang out a lot, yada yada yada you get the idea. I just think with that level of closeness, someone may start to have feelings for the other person. It is possible, but depends on the people tbh...

Ah yeah I see what you mean..
Original post by sleepysnooze
you can tell yourself "yeah, this pretty girl who I talk to a lot is just a friend", and to be fair, that's not that strange - it's just the fact that you know in your mind that all you and her can be is friends right now and you've internalised that. as soon as this girl starts showing any kind of interest in you would cause a sudden reversal, obviously. if these girls started showing sexual interest in you, you'd have to be a very sexually-stunted individual to not comply.

help is somebody telling me I'm sexually stunted or is it just a prank bro?

aaaaaaa
Are you sure it's not you - and not him?
Reply 29
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Make up your mind and decide who you like...

Ur hot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Retired_Messiah
help is somebody telling me I'm sexually stunted or is it just a prank bro?

aaaaaaa

well that's just my opinion - you've taught yourself to not do what your basic instincts are telling you - think what you want
Reply 31
Original post by mjohns2503
Guys I have this Guy who has been my best friend since I 6. He is like everything to me,but I have a quick question. The guy has been acting a bit strange. As in he always invading my space, complimenting me and Just being too nice.

Does this mean the guy likes me or not ????????:smile::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Normally when somebody you have known for a long time quickly changes it would make sense that he likes you, so maybe you could ask him in conversation if hes got his eyes on anyone or is looking for a girlfriend, but also take into consideration if things dont work out you may well lose a best friend. but it could also be a good thing for both of you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending