The Student Room Group

Doodles' Year 12 Journey!

:bl: Welcome to Doodles2023's Year 12 Journey!:bl:

Hello everyone! I'm Doodles2023 and on this thread I'm going to document my journey throughout Y12. This includes everything from exams, extra curricular and other achievements or failures I may have. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey as much as I will enjoy writing it.

About me

Hi, well to start off with my favourite colour is yellow if you already couldn't tell from this thread :biggrin:. I really enjoy acting, which I have been doing since I was young, and performing arts is one of my favourite subjects which is why I took it at A Level/BTEC. I also enjoy writing and creating things which is one of the reasons I took creative writing, as I enjoy coming up with my own stories and ideas. In addition to that I really like technology and I'm interested in reading about technological advances. This is one of the reasons that I chose media studies as it not only links in with creating things but it also entails using different digital equipment and making your own websites.

GCSE Results:

Spoiler

Target Grades:

Spoiler

Goals:

Spoiler

Reply 1
The first update!

Monday 31st October (HALLOWEEN!) - I had a case test in Law which I got 40/50 which I was pleased with however I made a mistake which lost me a point. :frown:

Tuesday 1st November - This week I was surprised to learn that I was star student of the month due to the presentation I gave as part of the exam. I am really pleased with this as I wasn't expecting it at all and didn't even realise it was a thing.

Tuesday 1st November - In addition to that I then was surprised to learn that I was one of the website stars of the week in media studies due to how well my website looked and the content on it. Once again I was surprised as I didn't realise this was a thing and only three people in the class got picked.

Tuesday 1st November - I received one of my law assessments back this week and found out I got a B. I was a little bit disappointed at first as on the last one I received an A when I didn't really know what I was meant to be writing. However I am still pleased with this as my target is a B and to achieve that at this point in the year is good. I also got some feedback to work on which means that next time I can improve my work to try and achieve an A.

Wednesday 2nd November - I received my creative writing terminology test back and learnt that I got 17/20 which I was pleased with, although I made a silly mistake as I said that a metaphor was when you said 'like' even though I knew what a metaphor was! :colondollar: I then got a C for my introductory paragraph which I was okay with as we only had a short time to come up with it.

Wednesday 2nd November - I attended an extra curricular musical theatre class where we learnt a burlesque dance to I'm a good girl from burlesque. I really enjoyed this.

Thursday 3rd November - We found out about our next unit in performing arts and what is included.

Thursday 3rd November - In media studies my website was shown to the rest of the class, following this a few people asked me to help them.

Thursday 3rd November - I attended the student council meeting with my friends and discussed things that could be improved in the school, which was fun.

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
To do list (Red when done):

Magazine article deconstruction part 2

Annotate GQ article for features

Magazine article deconstruction part 3

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Finally finished my practitioners guide for performing arts. My practitioner that I had to research was Joan Littlewood.

I obviously did bot leave this till the last minute at all :biggrin:
Reply 4
To do list (Red when done):

Magazine article deconstruction part 2

Annotate GQ article for features - 6/11/16

Magazine article deconstruction part 3 - 6/11/16

Reply 5
Monday 7th November 2016:

Today I had a practice for the law competition I'm participating in soon as a witness

I have also typed up my case notes (tort) for law and typed up my notes for the trail

Reply 6
Tuesday 8th November:

I stayed back after sixth form to do some work for media studies which ended up improving my coursework :cool:

Then there was a small electrical fire and a power cut meaning it was closed the next day

Wednesday 9th November:

CLOSED

Thursday 10th November:

Parents evening! It actually went better than I expected and I basically got good report all around [HURRAY!]

Friday 11th November:

Worked more on my media studies coursework as I'm aiming for an A even though my target's a B

On the afternoon I was at the rehearsal for the Bar Mock Trail law competition which I playing the witness in. The real competition up against other schools and sixth forms is on Saturday.

Saturday 12th November (Not technically a school day but still related):

Bar Mock Trial day! Our regional heat took part at the Crown Court, not the Magistrates which I was originally travelling to (whoops) :colondollar:

I was part of the jury on the first round and picked up little tips to help me during my round (round 3).

When it was actually my round I was quite nervous as I was worried about getting tripped up in the cross examination but it actually went really well and I even got a special shout out from the judge at the end! :biggrin::biggrin:

Reply 7
I still have not completed 'Magazine article deconstruction part 2' - I shall do that SOON :colondollar:
Reply 8
I found of the date of our mocks today DUN DUN DUNNNNN :biggrin::biggrin:

Law - Wednesday 14th December
Performing Arts - Friday 16th December

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending