Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I am currently pursuing BA (Hons) Accounting with Economics in an ex-poly Uni. I'm planning to apply to LSE for their MSc Economics and Management course. I am working my way for a first but is wondering if that alone is enough?

ReputationRep:
    Are you Shelikethemango?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mango1324)
    Hi!

I am currently pursuing BA (Hons) Accounting with Economics in an ex-poly Uni. I'm planning to apply to LSE for their MSc Economics and Management course. I am working my way for a first but is wondering if that alone is enough?
    u can apply for a masters with a first or a two one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    u can apply for a masters with a first or a two one.
    Thanks for the reply! As mentioned, I am working to get a first but MSc Economics in LSE requires not only a first but also a background in either calculus, statistics or linear algebra. Since my course is a BA course, it's leaning more towards the theoretical side of Economics. As far as I know, I won't be taking any modules related to those three Mathematics modules mentioned above. That's why I feel like getting a first in BA Accounting with Economics won't be enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravenous food)
    Are you Shelikethemango?
    No? But I like mangoes.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply! As mentioned, I am working to get a first but MSc Economics in LSE requires not only a first but also a background in either calculus, statistics or linear algebra. Since my course is a BA course, it's leaning more towards the theoretical side of Economics. As far as I know, I won't be taking any modules related to those three Mathematics modules mentioned above. That's why I feel like getting a first in BA Accounting with Economics won't be enough.
    I have just googled it, and the requirements are a two one, not a first, as i thought. This is standard practice.

See below:
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/...ents/home.aspx

Entry requirements

Each level of graduate study (diploma, master's, MPhil/PhD) has particular minimum entry requirements. These consist of:
    • your degree(s)
    • your proficiency in the English language....

A first or upper second class honours (2:1) degree from a UK university or a non-UK equivalent in a subject appropriate to the programme to be followed.

ReputationRep:
    I have just googled it, and the requirements are a two one, not a first, as i thought. This is standard practice.

See below:
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/...ents/home.aspx

Entry requirements

Each level of graduate study (diploma, master's, MPhil/PhD) has particular minimum entry requirements. These consist of:
    • your degree(s)
    • your proficiency in the English language....

A first or upper second class honours (2:1) degree from a UK university or a non-UK equivalent in a subject appropriate to the programme to be followed.
    Minimum entry requirement: One year – first class honours with concentration on economics and quantitative subjects and at least a year of university level mathematics (both calculus and linear algebra) and statistics. Two year – a first class honours degree with two semesters of university-level calculus or equivalent (see entry requirements)

This is their requirement for MSc Economics and it is from their website.

ReputationRep:
    Minimum entry requirement: One year – first class honours with concentration on economics and quantitative subjects and at least a year of university level mathematics (both calculus and linear algebra) and statistics. Two year – a first class honours degree with two semesters of university-level calculus or equivalent (see entry requirements)

This is their requirement for MSc Economics and it is from their website.
    the link you provided just links in to the information i had stated, that you need a 2.1 or above. Please recheck your facts before posting, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    the link you provided just links in to the information i had stated, that you need a 2.1 or above. Please recheck your facts before posting, thanks.
    Sorry if I did not make myself clear. English isn't my first language and I often have a hard time delivering what I actually want to say. I understand that I need a 2:1 or above, but it's the part "and at least a year of university level mathematics (both calculus and linear algebra) and statistics" that I'm curious of. Thanks for your replies!

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.