The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mobbdeeprob
Is UK politics really as fragile as you have made out though (or alternatively, could it become this fragile?) - isn't Political Correctness a 'longstop', which will prevent the likes of the BNP gaining serious power?

On a slightly unrelated but nonetheless interesting point - Oswald Mosley was a Tory and then a Labour MP before tailing off to form the New Party (later the BUF). Politics is about pragmatism, not idealism - so I suppose the BNP could come to power - if the situation demanded it.

No, political correctness is the cause of the BNP, just as Israel is the cause of Arab anger at the West.
Biggles
No, political correctness is the cause of the BNP, just as Israel is the cause of Arab anger at the West.

But isn't UK mainstream politics so steeped in the idea of PC-ideas, that it will be impossible for a group like the BNP to ever gain power?

Thus whilst the BNP might thrive on growing anti-PC sentiment, it will never really make a sizeable impression on the Tory electorate.
mobbdeeprob
But isn't UK mainstream politics so steeped in the idea of PC-ideas, that it will be impossible for a group like the BNP to ever gain power?

Thus whilst the BNP might thrive on growing anti-PC sentiment, it will never really make a sizeable impression on Tory votes.

No, because it’s only the body politic that’s infected with PC madness not the tabloids and media, and certain not the majority of people in this country.

PC will be the cause of violence against your future children, not their shield and protector.
Biggles

PC will be the cause of violence against your future children, not their shield and protector.

Yes, this is the crux of it - well put. Although I take an alternative view.
Reply 104
benm
I suppose further idealism is?

People with different skin pigmentations managing to live alongside each other is not 'idealism'. Not more so than the idea of people of any colour managing to live alongside other people of the same race is anyway.
Reply 105
Biggles
Look, I have decided that black males are failures (but am prepared to have a "softspot" for black women due to their excellent blow-j'bs

i find it soooo unlikely you've ever had one of those, from a black or white person! :biggrin: i reckon all your bitterness towards 'others' is down to sexual frustration :wink:
Masonne
i find it soooo unlikely you've ever had one of those, from a black or white person! :biggrin: i reckon all your bitterness towards 'others' is down to sexual frustration :wink:

You couldn’t be more wrong. Indeed only 2 weeks ago I believe I discovered the G spot I can make a girl gush within 3 minutes and groaning for pleasure. Bloody hell, my hand has been drenched on several occasions since then. The secret is to know where to go with your finger, timing, and the rhyme. You have to have a mental map based on touch-sensation of the intimate regions down there.
Biggles
You couldn’t be more wrong. Indeed only 2 weeks ago I believe I discovered the G spot I can make any a gush within 3 minutes and groaning for pleasure. Bloody hell, my hand has been drenched on several occasions since then. The secret is to know where to go with your finger, timing, and the rhyme. You have to have a mental map based on touch-sensation of the intimate regions down there.

So you spout offensive (and sometimes lewd) rubbish on here - and all the while - your finger is up your rectum. Nice. :biggrin:
Biggles
You couldn’t be more wrong. Indeed only 2 weeks ago I believe I discovered the G spot I can make a girl gush within 3 minutes and groaning for pleasure. Bloody hell, my hand has been drenched on several occasions since then. The secret is to know where to go with your finger, timing, and the rhyme. You have to have a mental map based on touch-sensation of the intimate regions down there.

Rhyme?
mobbdeeprob
So you spout offensive (and sometimes lewd) rubbish on here - and all the while - your finger is up your rectum. Nice. :biggrin:

ha ha. All I know is that I have the magic touch.
NDGAARONDI
Rhyme?

Rhythm, apologies for the typo
Biggles
Rhythm, apologies for the typo

No worries, it's forgivable, seeming as it's quite obvious that you're typing with your toes. Afterall - those fingers are probably corrupting two Thai virgins as we speak.
mobbdeeprob
No worries, it's forgivable, seeming as it's quite obvious that you're typing with your toes. Afterall - those fingers are probably corrupting two Thai virgins as we speak.

I havn't had an oriental yet, but I'm sure the LSE will offer rich pickings.
EDIT: I'll let that one go, a la the Ministry of Truth :biggrin:
Reply 114
Biggles

ya ok :wink:
Reply 115
I'm appalled by the content of this thread and cannot believe that a moderator has not killed it off!

Whilst the contributors may be deliberately trying to provoke reactions, the language and concepts contained within can only be described as overtly racist (despite the claims of those contributing to the contrary).

I for one am deeply offended, and if this was your intention - it worked!
Lord Huntroyde
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1270548,00.html

"Police chiefs yesterday warned all officers that they would be sacked if they belonged to the British National party.

The Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) outlawed joining the BNP for police and staff in England and Wales. The president, Chris Fox, said he was "extremely pleased" by the move.

"Under this policy no member of the police service, whether police officer or police staff, may be a member of an organisation whose constitution, aims, objectives or pronouncements contradict the general duty to promote race equality.

"This specifically includes the BNP and we anticipate that non-compliance will result in dismissal."

Acpo introduced the policy through a change to regulations. It was unanimously backed at a meeting of chief constables earlier this month.

BNP press officer Phil Edwards claimed it would lead to a witch-hunt and was the result of Home Office pressure.

"I know a lot of coppers who support the BNP and quite a few who are in it," he said. "This is the sort of thing they used to do in the Soviet Union, removing people's democratic right to join a legal political party." "

Presumably this does not include their undercover officers.

Conflict of Interest I pressume. A bit like this article I read once a few months back on people in law and such, belonging to Masonic organizations. What to do if faced with one of your "brothers" while on duty? Where is your loyalty at then? With the brotherhood or with the police.

Although I have no problem belonging to such organizations because it's their right. Even if people do not agree with their thoughts. We don't have to agree. And as long as nobody gets hurt, it's fine by me. But in this case, there is the conflict of loyalty and interest.
Reply 117
Outrageous
Conflict of Interest I pressume. A bit like this article I read once a few months back on people in law and such, belonging to Masonic organizations. What to do if faced with one of your "brothers" while on duty? Where is your loyalty at then? With the brotherhood or with the police.

Although I have no problem belonging to such organizations because it's their right. Even if people do not agree with their thoughts. We don't have to agree. And as long as nobody gets hurt, it's fine by me. But in this case, there is the conflict of loyalty and interest.

About time this was back on topic!

Having a relative in the police, I am aware that as part of 'conditions of service', police oficers are not allowed to be members of a political party to ensure all are treated fairly, and any conflicts of interests are minimised.

Police Officers are not employees, they are 'subjects of the crown' therefore the rights and conditions of other employees are not always applicable to them. That's why they have no Unions (the police federation is an advisory body only), and they are not allowed to strike.

In addition, the Race Relations Amendment Act (2001) places a legal duty on all public bodies to promote race equality. Any affiliation to a political group promoting the opposite would be in breach of this Act, and officers would quite rightly be dismissed for offences.
Nikki J S
Police Officers are not employees, they are 'subjects of the crown' therefore the rights and conditions of other employees are not always applicable to them. That's why they have no Unions (the police federation is an advisory body only), and they are not allowed to strike.

Can't civil servants strike?
Nikki J S
About time this was back on topic!

Having a relative in the police, I am aware that as part of 'conditions of service', police oficers are not allowed to be members of a political party to ensure all are treated fairly, and any conflicts of interests are minimised.

In addition, the Race Relations Amendment Act (2001) places a legal duty on all public bodies to promote race equality. Any affiliation to a political group promoting the opposite would be in breach of this Act, and officers would quite rightly be dismissed for offences.

If they are banned from being a member of one party they should be banned from being a member of ANY party.

Latest

Trending

Trending