Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, hope you all are having a nice day.

I am currently looking for my first job I am not 100% sure on what I want to do. I am not a massive fan on sales and dealing with customers and hate the idea of having too fake smile and be happy all the time. I wouldn't say I am a deppresed person or un-happy but the idea puts me off. I am all for working in a team and working with people that are nice, supportive and fun. I am very nervous about this I have finished my CV and am now simply looking for jobs that don't really involve sales but if I have too I will. I am basically wondering if you guys have any advice and any idea on what job I should prehaps go for, for my first job.

I am planning on going to uni at some point but just don't know on what I want to do yet something to do with gaming or IT. Another thing to mention is that I am somewhat socially anxious but normally once I meet people and get used to it I am better and become more open.

I am kinda scared about it too as this being all unknown to me and I have no expectations on what it will be like. I have done job interviews before in school and college, the interview is not so much on what I am afraid of it's more the actual enviroment of the workplace. I get some a different but I would like it to be calm and enjoyable at the same time, while still working hard of course.

This litreally feels like I am jumping into a blackwhole and not knowing on what the hell is going to happen, and as I said before I am pretty nervous and anxious about the whole thing.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope you have a wonderful day or if it's late and you are already home watching TV or YouTube then have a good day tomorrow.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Xeer)
    Hello, hope you all are having a nice day.

I am currently looking for my first job I am not 100% sure on what I want to do. I am not a massive fan on sales and dealing with customers and hate the idea of having too fake smile and be happy all the time. I wouldn't say I am a deppresed person or un-happy but the idea puts me off. I am all for working in a team and working with people that are nice, supportive and fun. I am very nervous about this I have finished my CV and am now simply looking for jobs that don't really involve sales but if I have too I will. I am basically wondering if you guys have any advice and any idea on what job I should prehaps go for, for my first job.

I am planning on going to uni at some point but just don't know on what I want to do yet something to do with gaming or IT. Another thing to mention is that I am somewhat socially anxious but normally once I meet people and get used to it I am better and become more open.

I am kinda scared about it too as this being all unknown to me and I have no expectations on what it will be like. I have done job interviews before in school and college, the interview is not so much on what I am afraid of it's more the actual enviroment of the workplace. I get some a different but I would like it to be calm and enjoyable at the same time, while still working hard of course.

This litreally feels like I am jumping into a blackwhole and not knowing on what the hell is going to happen, and as I said before I am pretty nervous and anxious about the whole thing.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope you have a wonderful day or if it's late and you are already home watching TV or YouTube then have a good day tomorrow.
    Maybe look for tutoring or something, perhaps through an organisation like Kumon? Without being harsh, a lot of the jobs that are available to you at the moment will involve sales, and you're going to have to put on a smile and get on with work in the future. Retail teaches you a lot of great skills and you will massively improve your confidence and trust me, you will enjoy it. Also, be prepared for multiple rejections if it is your first job. It's totally normal, so don't get disheartened. I sent off 10/20 applications before I got my first job.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.