Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, Im currently studying a part-time degree with the open university but it really isnt what I expected. I have passed 90 credits worth and am studying another 60 credits at the moment so that's just over 1 year of uni.

    I want to apply to study a different degree at a 'proper' uni next September instead, would I be able to get student finance for this?

    (I already have the entry requirements, just the finance that im unsure of)
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

    Will you receive any form of qualification from the OU course and did you qualify for funding from us for the part time course?

    If by 'Proper' you mean you're going to be studying at a brick uni on a full time course then it's likely you will be able to get full funding for all years.

    The only reason you may not is if you do get a qualification from the OU course and then choose to study another course at the same level, i.e gain a Certificate in Higher Education from the OU then go on to study another Certificate of Higher Education.

    It's unlikely that even if you do get a qualification from the OU that it will be of a degree level or higher, so chances are you will be fine for funding for all years of your new course.

The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.