Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Name:  1478210664185-1059395225.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  521.5 KB
Please help me
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
Have you tried attempting it yourself? I think people would prefer for you to do that before blindly giving you the answer as you might not learn anything otherwise ;-)
Anna Schoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by grool)
Name:  1478210664185-1059395225.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  521.5 KB
Please help me
As Inexorably says, there's not much point in just giving you the answers! But maybe we can help in a more constructive way.

To do this kind of cloze exercise, you need to understand that it is, essentially, a comprehension exercise in disguise. So:

1. Read the passage and make sure you understand all the vocabulary.
2. Then look at the words / expressions given below and make sure you understand them. It is important to establish at this stage what everything is: i.e. a noun (feminine or masculine, singular or plural); an adjective (feminine or masculine, singular or plural); an adverb (or an adverbial expression); a verb (note the person and the tense); something else (eg. a conjunction or a relative pronoun).
3. Now re-read the passage and look at the blanks. You should find that the category of word required (noun, verb, adjective, etc.) has become more obvious. Look through your list and see what you've got there.

For example, your number 1 "de manière ..." clearly requires a feminine singular adjective, as manière is feminine and singular. There is only one feminine singular adjective in your given list. Your number 3 also requires an adjective to accompany nous - so you need a masculine plural adjective. There are four such adjectives in your list, so here you need to look at context.

Hope this helps! Bonne chance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

The potential for Covid to keep disrupting things (109)
14.53%
My mental health (110)
14.67%
Feeling behind academically (142)
18.93%
Making friends/social anxiety (135)
18%
How to organise myself (25)
3.33%
How to revise/study effectively (89)
11.87%
Future career, uni, pathway planning and applications (125)
16.67%
Something else - let us know in the thread (15)
2%

Watched Threads