Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1478210664185-1059395225.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  521.5 KB
    Please help me

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried attempting it yourself? I think people would prefer for you to do that before blindly giving you the answer as you might not learn anything otherwise ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grool)
    Name:  1478210664185-1059395225.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  521.5 KB
    Please help me
    As Inexorably says, there's not much point in just giving you the answers! But maybe we can help in a more constructive way.

To do this kind of cloze exercise, you need to understand that it is, essentially, a comprehension exercise in disguise. So:

1. Read the passage and make sure you understand all the vocabulary.
    2. Then look at the words / expressions given below and make sure you understand them. It is important to establish at this stage what everything is: i.e. a noun (feminine or masculine, singular or plural); an adjective (feminine or masculine, singular or plural); an adverb (or an adverbial expression); a verb (note the person and the tense); something else (eg. a conjunction or a relative pronoun).
    3. Now re-read the passage and look at the blanks. You should find that the category of word required (noun, verb, adjective, etc.) has become more obvious. Look through your list and see what you've got there.

For example, your number 1 "de manière ..." clearly requires a feminine singular adjective, as manière is feminine and singular. There is only one feminine singular adjective in your given list. Your number 3 also requires an adjective to accompany nous - so you need a masculine plural adjective. There are four such adjectives in your list, so here you need to look at context.

Hope this helps! Bonne chance.

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.