The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fekir is our Coutinho replacement then?
Original post by samir12

That’s the assumption but in fairness he is quite versatile and could potentially step in for one of our front three if required.

If we do it, the signing makes perfect sense because it would increase our first team quality whilst simultaneously improving our attacking depth.
Original post by The Rusty Spork
There are Rafa, Carra, TAA and old Pako ones as well. The Warnock Pro View is well worth a listen as well.

AFQ is probably the best show. Nothing to do with football but really get to know all the personalities, especially Guttmans existential crisis on age and dying.

Awesome I will try to dig those out!

36 hours to go..
Original post by Lúcio
That’s the assumption but in fairness he is quite versatile and could potentially step in for one of our front three if required.

If we do it, the signing makes perfect sense because it would increase our first team quality whilst simultaneously improving our attacking depth.

I think he’d be a good backup for striker were Firmino ever to get injured. Fekir has played as a second striker before and I can see him excelling as a false 9 and dropping deep into space and roaming as we would do in his favoured number 10 position. As much as I love Danny Ings, neither him nor Solanke or Origi (I can’t envision Sturridge remaining by next season) are good enough as rotation options and they should leave on loan or transfer. This would also help Brewster’s development as he would be able to start in cup games.
Original post by Lúcio
We’re probably the side best equipped to beat them.

However this Madrid side defy logic. They really shouldn’t have reached 3 finals in a row...but they did. On the whole they haven’t shown real dominance in their match ups, but what they have shown is their lethality and sheer determination to win games.

We could absolutely dominate them all match and still lose 2-0. They’re just that kind of team...

The only bit that makes me a little nervous is that Salah seemed a bit off the boil in the past few games and not his clinical self that we've gotten used to.

Original post by mr tim
Joyce and Bascombe reporting that we'll step up our pursuit of Fekir after CL final.

I wonder if we've already been speaking to him? If it gets announced before the World Cup then you know it has been a done deal for a while.

Original post by S.G.
:lol: I thought it was an injury as well. Lovren on Salah in training lmao

I think Can put a heavy challenge on Van Dijk during the open training sessions..

Original post by samir12

Coutinho was a fantastic player but was he ever really a Klopp player? If you mean replace in terms of numbers then probably right. If you mean trying to get a like-for-like replacement, I don't think so. You could see Fekir doing similar to Firmino/Mane/Salah and therefore would be another option for the front positions (which is exactly what we need).

Original post by crazychameleon
I think he’d be a good backup for striker were Firmino ever to get injured. Fekir has played as a second striker before and I can see him excelling as a false 9 and dropping deep into space and roaming as we would do in his favoured number 10 position. As much as I love Danny Ings, neither him nor Solanke or Origi (I can’t envision Sturridge remaining by next season) are good enough as rotation options and they should leave on loan or transfer. This would also help Brewster’s development as he would be able to start in cup games.

We were somewhat fortunate that all 3 front players for us didn't miss too many games. I guess Fekir would play a lot of games and we might not see those 3 play as many games together?
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/303010-liverpool-fc-standard-chartered-announcement

Liverpool Football Club is delighted to confirm that main sponsor Standard Chartered will continue to be front of shirt for the next four years.

The renewal of the deal will see the club’s relationship with the bank extend to the end of the 2022-23 season. The partnership began in 2010, making it the second-longest sponsorship deal in Reds history.

At the moment the rumours are that it is worth about £40mil a season. I think Man Utd receive the most at the moment with £53 or 57mil from Chevrolet.

"You don't want to be in the position where players want to go somewhere else, even if it is a great club like Barcelona.

"It's hard to understand why players would want to go to a league where the competition is so weak. They must play 30 or so meaningless matches per year waiting for Champions League matches.

"They'll be watching this weekend and could have been playing.

"But [FSG president] Mike Gordon, [sporting director] Michael Edwards and everyone in our scouting department have done a terrific job in making the best of those two difficult situations."

I think he answered his own question. I see playing 30 meaningless matches and earning top monies as a fantastic gig.
Reply 9147
Predictions for the big game tomorrow?

Personally see Villa back in the Prem
Original post by S.G.

Personally see Villa back in the Prem

:biggrin:
So nervous for tomorrow. Let's bring Big Ears home👍
As long as it's a good final I'm not bothered but I am getting a bit bored with Real Madrid winning. You've got 12 already lads. Chill out a bit.

Klopp to make up for 2013 :cool:
Original post by Wilfred Little
As long as it's a good final I'm not bothered but I am getting a bit bored with Real Madrid winning. You've got 12 already lads. Chill out a bit.

Klopp to make up for 2013 :cool:

Yeah same. LFC fans have been laying into us and Kane recently but I don't particularly care. They're not Arsenal or Chelsea.
I realised earlier on that it is 13 years since I lost all the pints I had just bought over mine and everyone else's head when I turned around in the pub to see the third goal go in. 13 years. Christ. :laugh:
Original post by S.G.
(...)

If everything goes in line with expectations, Madrid wins. Sorry! I reckon that the reds lose the final, but hope to be completely wrong!!
4-2 Liverpool.
Idk why, I just have a good feeling about tomorrow :colondollar:
Original post by Federerr
Idk why, I just have a good feeling about tomorrow :colondollar:

Wait till you wake up..
Original post by Zerforax
Wait till you wake up..

I'm concerned about my revision tomorrow lol. A-Level exams in 9 days. How TF do I revise tomorrow lmao
Reply 9158
The red sun rises.
Original post by Zerforax
Wait till you wake up..

I’m an absolute wreck right now 😂

Had dreams all night that we lost in the most excruciating way possible, with Madrid scoring another every time we pegged them back :frown:

Latest