PeaceyBoy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey,
I hear most people stay away from the world city 40 marker as it's usually the most challenging on the GEOG3 paper and for that reason I ask, is there any point learning all the case studies for it if I'm definitely not going to do it? I just feel if I'm not going to do it then I might as well prioritise tectonics and conflicts case studies for 40 markers and focus on the more general material for world cities. Is this a good idea or should I learn it anyway?
MissVampire
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you doing AQA exam board? Because the way that paper is set is that you'd not have to do a 40 mark question for World cities, and in my case it would be for Weather and Climate. Double check with your lecturer. But in relation to case studies, nearly every question on the exam paper will be based on case studies so...in truth...yes you will need to learn your world cities' case studies. The 10 markers and whatnot require you to know additional specific references. So yes, you will need to learn them anyway.

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?