Turn on thread page Beta

Best Fantasy Author watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think is the best fantasy author? I'll go for David Gemmell. I've read two of the Regante series.. that was some awesome stuff i must tell you... i've read both Ravenheart and Stormrider in 6 days, that's 900 pages... i've read all 5 harry potter books, and they seems to bad and to simple compared to what Gemmell writes....

Can't wait to start reading Drenai Stories... Legend is very difficult to find...

Please fill free to vote for your author and make some comments, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Can we give anti-votes, because I'd give an anti-vote to J. K. Rowling if we could.

ReputationRep:
    you are allowed to post once, i think...

ReputationRep:
    Robert Rankin.

ReputationRep:
    is robert rankin a satanist or something? I've looked at this web site, http://www.rumil.de/rankin/ those books look, eh... strange to me,

ReputationRep:
    excuse me, but what about philip pullman, his dark materials trilogy is amazing, then there is terry pratchet, let us not forget him.

ReputationRep:
    christopher pike - Last Vampire series

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    excuse me, but what about philip pullman, his dark materials trilogy is amazing, then there is terry pratchet, let us not forget him.
    I echo your sympathies my good man.

ReputationRep:
    Terry Pratchett is one of the best authors of this century.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Terry Pratchett is one of the best authors of this century.
    Yep, so me and moo_cat were saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maljosh)
    is robert rankin a satanist or something? I've looked at this web site, http://www.rumil.de/rankin/ those books look, eh... strange to me,
    He's just very funny. Quite a dry sense of humour - try him if you like Terry Pratchett.

ReputationRep:
    And Raymond E. Feist, and R. A. Salvatore, and Ed Greenwood etc.

ReputationRep:
    Two great authors that should have been included in the poll

ReputationRep:
    Phillip Pullman!
    Terry Pratchett!
    Ursula K LeGuin!

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think is the best fantasy author? I'll go for David Gemmell. I've read two of the Regante series.. that was some awesome stuff i must tell you... i've read both Ravenheart and Stormrider in 6 days, that's 900 pages... i've read all 5 harry potter books, and they seems to bad and to simple compared to what Gemmell writes....

Can't wait to start reading Drenai Stories... Legend is very difficult to find...

Please fill free to vote for your author and make some comments, thanks.
    Legend is his most famous book i'd recommend you read the chronicles of druss then legend though they're both brilliant books and though chronicles was written after legend it's the history of Druss before Dros Delnoch (legend) and means that you understand the references to Skeln etc... in Legend. You can buy them in almost any big (ish) book store enjoy
    Oh and also read Sword in the Storm/ Midnight Falcon the two first books in the Rigante series (they're written in the same style with the story covering 2 books) they're brilliant Midnight Falcon especially

ReputationRep:
    Tolkien all the way. It's just a shame that people read the contrived vomit produced by the likes of J. K. Rowling. They are children's books for a reason, and that reason is because they are horrible! I read one chapter of the first book, and couldn't bare it anymore. There is no variation in syntax (not really anyway), no imaginative vocabulary, no powerful metaphors. Give me Tolkien anyday over that despicable woman.

ReputationRep:
    i'm sorry people i didn't include Terry Pratchett... i've never even heard that name.. sorry. any particular books by him? It'd be really if someone could recommend something,

BloodyValentine, thanks for your comments. I'll make sure i read midnight falcon,

ReputationRep:
    phillip pullman

...so far in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    i'm sorry people i didn't include Terry Pratchett... i've never even heard that name.. sorry. any particular books by him? It'd be really if someone could recommend something,

BloodyValentine, thanks for your comments. I'll make sure i read midnight falcon,
    Mort, Maskerade, Smalls Gods, Soul Music, Reaper Man, Wyrd Sisters, Moving Pictures, Monstrous Regiment etc. etc. Terry Pratchett's very famous.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.