Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want a cheap printer for uni that supports those cheap ink cartridges (the non official ones). Any recommendations?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    What is your budget like? Do you just want something that just does the job? Also what do you mean by a non-official cartridge?

The Canon PIXMA MG2450 is a cheap printer, it's about £25 and you can get the ink for £10 each. I believe you can get a deal with the Amazon link below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PIXMA.../dp/B00EVRT7CK
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If it were me then i would just get a small laser (B&W only). Second hand if need be from ebay. If toy stick to main brands like HP or check your printe has compatibles like brother or samsung, then you can access ebay to pick up toners (often original) that someone business is selling. You cna just look up reviews for personal laser printer.

All I want is reliable black and white. Inkjets I found were too expensive.

Btw there are generic refills for most major brands. Some of the manufacturers chip their cartridges, but the generic people tend to find a way round this.

ReputationRep:
    You can't go wrong with a laser printer. They take toner cartridges instead of ink cartridges and can do 5000-10000 from one toner. Toner cartridges (unofficial) can cost around £30 quid so it's well worth the money.

Only obstacle is laser printers are bulky, heavy and expensive if brand new. I bought a used laser printer years ago for £50, came with half empty toner cartridges and I haven't had to purchase new ones yet.
    hamza ahmad hamzaahmad786 luton hertfordshire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    What is your budget like? Do you just want something that just does the job? Also what do you mean by a non-official cartridge?

The Canon PIXMA MG2450 is a cheap printer, it's about £25 and you can get the ink for £10 each. I believe you can get a deal with the Amazon link below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PIXMA.../dp/B00EVRT7CK
    Thanks.
    Just gets the job done, mostly will be printing black and white. But a wireless one would be nice. Looking to spend around £40.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.