The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm shitting myself to be honest, but hopefully I've got what I need.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
calumc
I'm shitting myself to be honest, but hopefully I've got what I need.

whats your offer?
Reply 3
Zeitgeist
whats your offer?

AAA
Reply 4
calumc
AAA

oh. bugger. thats really high
Reply 5
are u doing natural sciences like valen then? wat college? im AAB
Reply 6
(Realises)

Ah, this is the Durham forum, I saw it on new posts and didn't notice.

Well anyway, I'm still shitting myself about results day!
Reply 7
calumc
(Realises)

Ah, this is the Durham forum, I saw it on new posts and didn't notice.

Well anyway, I'm still shitting myself about results day!

lol, no problem!
Reply 8
so are u oxbridge? london?
Reply 9
Lydiamonds
so are u oxbridge? london?

Oxford - Engineering Science at LMH. If not that then Chemical Engineering at Newcastle (unconditional), but I really, really hope I make the Oxford offer since I'm pretty much guaranteed to get the worst accomodation possible at Newcastle - it was my insurance choice so they won't process my application till results come out, and to make it even worse I sent the form back late. Oh, and add that to the pressure of everyone you know thinking/expecting you to get in!
Reply 10
Ive got an AAA offer, basicly my advise is to NOT THINK ABOUT IT.

The best way to do this is to go out and do lots of sports with mates, tire yourself out completely so you dont have time to spare thinking such dire thoughts.

The next best way would be to go out and drink a lot with mates, that way you cant remember what you were supposed to be worrying about anyway!

I am also worried about my grades, especially as they specified which subjects i had to get A's in, which sucks because im doing 5 subjects.

And Zeitgeist, you shouldnt have made a thread like this, your just gonna depress people! :frown:
Reply 11
Valen
Ive got an AAA offer, basicly my advise is to NOT THINK ABOUT IT.

The best way to do this is to go out and do lots of sports with mates, tire yourself out completely so you dont have time to spare thinking such dire thoughts.

The next best way would be to go out and drink a lot with mates, that way you cant remember what you were supposed to be worrying about anyway!

I am also worried about my grades, especially as they specified which subjects i had to get A's in, which sucks because im doing 5 subjects.

And Zeitgeist, you shouldnt have made a thread like this, your just gonna depress people! :frown:

dont worry, this is where we comfort each other !
Reply 12
Zeitgeist
dont worry, this is where we comfort each other !

You know im beginning to wonder about you, first you tell us about your bag fetish, now you want to comfort me? :confused:
Zeitgeist
So, how're we all feeling at this tense time? Good luck to everyone! :smile:

Whatever will be will be :biggrin:
Reply 14
WHY???? its not happening

please can't we pretend that its never going to happen we dont ever need to find out results you see in my little world for some reason the exams and results just disappear and we all randomly end up in Durham!!! much better i really wish it would all just disappear right now
Reply 15
*weeeeeps* I know I'm going to be terrified on results day. I'm really bad with getting exam results. At this point I've convinced myself I'm going to fail, even though that's impossible because of my AS grades. Heeee.
Reply 16
ahhh the bad dreams have started.. had 3 last night the worst one was.. i kept walking round college n everyone was hiding my results envelope. my teachers just kept saying that id let them down it was better not too look n there was always a space for me to return and resit them all... ahh i hate this waiting.

Exams were so long ago,cant honestly remember how i did.. so now convinced myself have done horrifically. i should be fine about getting into Durham.. but i'll be devistated if i dont get my predicted AAAA....

sorry i'll stop wining now.. aaagggghhhh [angry]
Reply 17
Valen
You know im beginning to wonder about you, first you tell us about your bag fetish, now you want to comfort me? :confused:

good luck as trying to paint me as some sort of bag-loving raving homosexual valen, when people are so worried about results, i think its good to talk about it and be reassured, just to get it off your chest. clearly, you disagree?
Reply 18
"I am also worried about my grades, especially as they specified which subjects i had to get A's in, which sucks because im doing 5 subjects" - Valen
(how do u quote?)

They specified? oh that sux. See i did biology as a laugh (if u can call it that) but i could choose wateva subject for my results, which is gd coz i already know I have an A for art. It has to include maths and physics though, but it means I can now get a B in maths, which is gd coz as i said i messed up S2.

As for results Im gunna go to the park next to my school, go into the flower garden and open it there. I wont do it at school. For my GCSE's I took them all the way home, and hours journey before opening them. My friend also tried this but failed and opened them in the glamourous location of a 51 bus while a drunk leered at her. Sexy.
Reply 19
wait a minute are yours in envelopes? thats so unfair last year for the a's results we were sat down infront of a random teacher and they got your slip out and kinda told you them!!! they would then sit there and watch our reactions, i hated it. its so unfair doing that though because you just think there my results why should i have to open them with a random teacher in front of everyone in the hall!!! plus i was embarrassed because i ended up in floods of tears soooo bad but over now
oh god now im dreading it this year... thats it not going in i'll stay at home under the covers for ever!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending