The Student Room Group

Insecure, feel like im not happy unless ive got a gf

Hey guys, to put this bluntly- unless im with a girl im not completely happy- im so insecure and i hate it. The other problem is that if ever ive got a problem its because of a girl. Its the love them/hate them problem

Would seeing a counsellor help my insecurity? Can anyone here offer similar experiences/suggestions?

I think im insecure because i dont have the most family-like of backgrounds and i just feel happier being close to a girl...
Wow. I could have posted that :p:

Just get a girlfriend, its better. Maybe counselling would help too. I don't have a very close (or even existent) family either. Interesting commonality.
Reply 2
JosephineM
I know how you feel. Try to go out and meet as many girls as you can. Be sorrounded by them and don't stick to one girl from the start. Getting to know more girls will boost your self-confidence and you will feel happier. And when you least expect it, you'll get a gf. Good luck! :smile:

i have no problem getting girls, i have problems keeping them. one whiff of not getting full attention and im worrying that they dont like me- they sense this and then do what i worried about- stop liking me!
Reply 3
so dont do it..
Reply 4
I hate people like the OP.
I agree with Sabby, you need to be confident in yourself before you can face a relationship and all the possible insecurities that brings
Talk to a councillor and feel better aboot yourself
Otherwise you will stick to this pattern of going from girl to girl looking for happiness and not finding it
Surely the fact that you can repeatedly get girlfriends (arguably the hard part) would remove your insecurities?
Reply 7
I'm curious why you would even want to do that to another girl... don't you see how your attitude towards them in a relationship would not be good for them or you?
Reply 8
To the OP i know where you are coming from. If you meet a girl tell her about your insecurities, she might be more understanding. By the sounds of it you really have nothing to worry about, the beginning of a relationship can be exciting and frantic but it is easy to burn the flame too quickly. Think about what you are doing and try to be rational with yourself! With time it will get easier.

Latest

Trending

Trending