Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else enjoying all the mail they are getting after results?

UCAS, Uni, Natwest, Taxes etc.

I feel quite popular lol.

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, although im finding the natwest stuff annoying.
    I like getting stuff in the post

ReputationRep:
    yeh i keep seeing "UCAS" written on the envelope and thinking, oh god this is the letter telling me my results are wrong and ive actually failed!!

ReputationRep:
    I've not got any annoying email/mail!

I got my confirmation from UCAS, and then a HUGE pack of information from Durham. But that's it really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleeping in)
    Is anyone else enjoying all the mail they are getting after results?

UCAS, Uni, Natwest, Taxes etc.

I feel quite popular lol.
    You are a ripe target for everyone as you have loads of money and little experience with it.

Consider this. You are more likely to get divorced than change your bank account company. Now you can understand why the banks are after you

ReputationRep:
    You'll be getting your student loan stuff soon

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking that the other day. I've had multiple letters from UCAS, from banks, from my Uni, my Uni department and the accommodation office.

ReputationRep:
    ahh for sure i love opening mail, ontop i get my paycheck and mobile phone bills through the mail too

ReputationRep:
    I want my freakin' freshers pack....why are KCL not as prompt as other unis...hoping for Monday-i love reading through briefing packs...adds to the excitement.

ReputationRep:
    Every Thursday afternoon through the summer there is the Holy Miracle of the Paycheque as it falls gloriously through one's letterbox and onto the hallowed doormat

UEA who were my second choice last year for uni sent me bits and bobs for ages afterwards, had to phone them up eventually and say I hadn't been and wasn't going there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo7007)
    yeh i keep seeing "UCAS" written on the envelope and thinking, oh god this is the letter telling me my results are wrong and ive actually failed!!
    Every time I see a letter with UCAS written on it I keep thinking "Oh no, more junk mail". At least they packaged my uni confirmation with today's batch!

ReputationRep:
    ^ yeah, most of what they send is ****. I like looking at my bank statements. im always rich at the beginning of the month and you can read at how your money just got pissed up the wall as the month went on. I got that letter today. It said 'send this to oxford' and then half way down the page it said 'only send this to oxford if you missed your offer', so i dont really know what to do.

friday mail is always cool coz i get the coming week's economist
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I went through clearing last summer, got an average of three letters per day for two weeks following my results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    friday mail is always cool coz i get the coming week's economist
    Ditto. Bagehot was good this week, I thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    It said 'send this to oxford' and then half way down the page it said 'only send this to oxford if you missed your offer', so i dont really know what to do.
    Mine says that too. I reckon it's because they're supposed to enter an address for you to send the slip back to, but they don't need it so instead of an address they just type in instructions not to send it back. Weird way of doing things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noxid)
    You are a ripe target for everyone as you have loads of money and little experience with it.

Consider this. You are more likely to get divorced than change your bank account company. Now you can understand why the banks are after you
    Divorce is quite common these days. :p:

Also, that's not the only reason banks chase you, they also know you're going to be owing a lot of money as a student.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to get slightly annoyed with all the university, SLC, etc mails. Not because I don't want information about uni, but because most of the mail requires me to fill in a bunch of sheets and send them back.

Also, it seems each mail contains a new ID/code/etc that they suppose I'll remember. There's the UCAS ID, the application number, the university ID, the accommodation code, the university website login ID, SLC ART ID, Student Support Number and so forth.

I didn't know what my Student Support Number was, so I emailed the university about it. They told me to call SLC. I called SLC and they said they didn't know of any "Student Support Numbers" and asked me to contact the university. :confused:

It also seems each of them come with a password made up of random numbers and letters, all of which are impossible to remember.

ReputationRep:
    Natwest are sending me so much crap I'm not actually sure where I stand anymore. I've no idea whether my account is set up properly or not! I would like some accomodation information, though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.