The Student Room Group
Haha yeah, although im finding the natwest stuff annoying.
I like getting stuff in the post :smile:
Reply 2
yeh i keep seeing "UCAS" written on the envelope and thinking, oh god this is the letter telling me my results are wrong and ive actually failed!!
Reply 3
I've not got any annoying email/mail!

I got my confirmation from UCAS, and then a HUGE pack of information from Durham. But that's it really...
Reply 4
sleeping in
Is anyone else enjoying all the mail they are getting after results?

UCAS, Uni, Natwest, Taxes etc.

I feel quite popular lol.

You are a ripe target for everyone as you have loads of money and little experience with it.

Consider this. You are more likely to get divorced than change your bank account company. Now you can understand why the banks are after you
Reply 5
You'll be getting your student loan stuff soon
Reply 6
I was thinking that the other day. I've had multiple letters from UCAS, from banks, from my Uni, my Uni department and the accommodation office.
ahh for sure i love opening mail, ontop i get my paycheck and mobile phone bills through the mail too :biggrin:
I want my freakin' freshers pack....why are KCL not as prompt as other unis...hoping for Monday-i love reading through briefing packs...adds to the excitement.
Reply 9
Every Thursday afternoon through the summer there is the Holy Miracle of the Paycheque as it falls gloriously through one's letterbox and onto the hallowed doormat :smile:

UEA who were my second choice last year for uni sent me bits and bobs for ages afterwards, had to phone them up eventually and say I hadn't been and wasn't going there.
Jo7007
yeh i keep seeing "UCAS" written on the envelope and thinking, oh god this is the letter telling me my results are wrong and ive actually failed!!

Every time I see a letter with UCAS written on it I keep thinking "Oh no, more junk mail". At least they packaged my uni confirmation with today's batch!
Reply 11
^ yeah, most of what they send is ****. I like looking at my bank statements. im always rich at the beginning of the month and you can read at how your money just got pissed up the wall as the month went on. I got that letter today. It said 'send this to oxford' and then half way down the page it said 'only send this to oxford if you missed your offer', so i dont really know what to do.

friday mail is always cool coz i get the coming week's economist :biggrin:
Reply 12
I went through clearing last summer, got an average of three letters per day for two weeks following my results.
Reply 13
Consie
friday mail is always cool coz i get the coming week's economist :biggrin:
Ditto. Bagehot was good this week, I thought.
Reply 14
Consie
It said 'send this to oxford' and then half way down the page it said 'only send this to oxford if you missed your offer', so i dont really know what to do.

Mine says that too. I reckon it's because they're supposed to enter an address for you to send the slip back to, but they don't need it so instead of an address they just type in instructions not to send it back. Weird way of doing things.
Reply 15
Noxid
You are a ripe target for everyone as you have loads of money and little experience with it.

Consider this. You are more likely to get divorced than change your bank account company. Now you can understand why the banks are after you

Divorce is quite common these days. :p:

Also, that's not the only reason banks chase you, they also know you're going to be owing a lot of money as a student.
Reply 16
I'm starting to get slightly annoyed with all the university, SLC, etc mails. Not because I don't want information about uni, but because most of the mail requires me to fill in a bunch of sheets and send them back.

Also, it seems each mail contains a new ID/code/etc that they suppose I'll remember. There's the UCAS ID, the application number, the university ID, the accommodation code, the university website login ID, SLC ART ID, Student Support Number and so forth.

I didn't know what my Student Support Number was, so I emailed the university about it. They told me to call SLC. I called SLC and they said they didn't know of any "Student Support Numbers" and asked me to contact the university. :confused:

It also seems each of them come with a password made up of random numbers and letters, all of which are impossible to remember.
Reply 17
Natwest are sending me so much crap I'm not actually sure where I stand anymore. I've no idea whether my account is set up properly or not! I would like some accomodation information, though.

Latest

Trending

Trending