Turn on thread page Beta

Which newspapers do you / don't you read? watch

ReputationRep:
    Which newspapers / sites don't you read? Why?
    Which newspapers / sites do you read? Why?
    What do you think of the press?
    Do you believe what you read?
    How do you know what's true?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I barely ever read them but the independent is the only one I d read but even then I m very critical of what I read because I don't trust the media to be honest.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    1. All of them except the ones listed below.
    2. The Guardian, The Independent, The Observer and the FT sometimes.
    3. Often parasitical and a vile industry, ruining people's lives to get the next story. Awful.
    4. If it comes from a trustworthy source, yes. If things look questionable, I do my own research.
    5. I don't. Nobody really does until they do their own research to verify the facts. You just have to trust what you're reading is a true and honest portrayal of the facts, which is so rare these days that most of the time you're better off not buying a paper. :sigh:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The news sites I read most are The Guardian, The New York Times and Politico. Like any rational person, I don't read or believe a word written in tabloids. I tend to believe most stories in the previously mentioned news sites on face value because I trust the source... but I probably don't ask myself 'is this true?' often enough.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.