The Student Room Group

MSc Occupational Therapy 2017 (Pre-Registration)

Scroll to see replies

Hi Kate/ Lamabie, how was the interview today? Hope it went well for you both? x
Original post by lindato84
Hi Kate/ Lamabie, how was the interview today? Hope it went well for you both? x

Thanks Linda, yes I think it went ok today. Everyone there was very friendly and approachable and it was a complete contrast to my other interview. It's definitely not as scary as I was expecting! Do let us know how you get on when you have your interview x
Original post by Kate2017
Thanks Linda, yes I think it went ok today. Everyone there was very friendly and approachable and it was a complete contrast to my other interview. It's definitely not as scary as I was expecting! Do let us know how you get on when you have your interview x

Hi Kate, of course I will. Thanks for letting me know that they are friendly, that puts my mind at ease. Did they say whether less people aapplied? Hope you hear back soon x
Reply 43
Original post by lindato84
Hi Kate, of course I will. Thanks for letting me know that they are friendly, that puts my mind at ease. Did they say whether less people aapplied? Hope you hear back soon x

It was a good day, and as Kate says very friendly and welcoming. Even the 1:1 interview when they prompted you if you needed to say more. Just a case of waiting to hear from them now. I believe they have 5 days of interviews to hold with 20 to 30 candidates at each one, and 30 or 31 places to fill - so we will have to wait and see - hope it goes well for you.
Hi Abi, have you had an email from Ian today? I received one this morning saying I'm on the waiting list. Trying to stay positive- it's not a rejection (yet!) but it's definitely not an offer! x
Hi Abi, have you had an email from Ian today? I received one this morning saying I'm on the waiting list. Trying to stay positive- it's not a rejection (yet!) but it's definitely not an offer! x

Hi girl, thanks for giving me the lowdown. It's sounds like you both had really nice experiences. Crossed fingers Kate that it turns into an acceptance. Good luck Lambie x
Reply 46

Same for me too. Wait and see.....I have sent the form back agreeing to wait. Wondering about other applications now?
Original post by Iamabie
Same for me too. Wait and see.....I have sent the form back agreeing to wait. Wondering about other applications now?

Where else are you thinking of applying to? There's nowhere else for me- the rest are too far away!
I have applied for Brighton Msc, got my interview date through for the 20th April. Not sure what to expect anyone else applied here too? A girl I work with who is now an OT did this course and she said she loved it and everyone there is great. x
Reply 49
I've had an email from Cardiff inviting me to an "MMI interview" (Multi mini interview). Has anyone ever had an MMI interview? Not sure what to expect, my interview is on Wednesday!
Good luck Lucy-Lou with your interview! Have they sent you an itinerary for the day or advised you to watch/read anything?

Good luck fsdsu, just try to relax and take your time to think about what they are asking you is the best advice I can give.
@Lucyyy_Lou Thats awesome! I also have a MSc interview at Brighton on the same day! I am pretty darn nervous too, and really don't know what to expect. Brighton is my first interview and first choice... so scary stuff!
I received my offer from Brunel last Friday. I am an international student from the United States, and I also got into USC in Los Angeles. In the end, I've decided to attend Brunel. One big factor is cost, since the course is about $100,000 cheaper than USC's, even with the increased tuition for overseas students. Another is that I've wanted to live abroad for several years, and I figure now is a good time to do it. I withdrew my other UK applications and accepted Brunel as my firm choice. As an American student, Brunel is set to get accreditation in the US in the next month, so if I want to come back home after graduation, I can. I had interviews set for Essex and Brighton in the next month, but I informed them of my decision to attend Brunel and cancelled those appointments.

I'm excited to meet you all in the fall! Anyone else attending Brunel for MSc Pre-Reg?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by rachelnicole194
I received my offer from Brunel last Friday. I am an international student from the United States, and I also got into USC in Los Angeles. In the end, I've decided to attend Brunel. One big factor is cost, since the course is about $100,000 cheaper than USC's, even with the increased tuition for overseas students. Another is that I've wanted to live abroad for several years, and I figure now is a good time to do it. I withdrew my other UK applications and accepted Brunel as my firm choice. As an American student, Brunel is set to get accreditation in the US in the next month, so if I want to come back home after graduation, I can. I had interviews set for Essex and Brighton in the next month, but I informed them of my decision to attend Brunel and cancelled those appointments.

I'm excited to meet you all in the fall! Anyone else attending Brunel for MSc Pre-Reg?

Great news. Well done with your place at Brunel
Reply 54
Original post by WendyB123
Hi there I'm considering applying to Queen Margaret Uni Efunburgh for the Msc OT. I have a nursing degree and some other more recent studies. Hoping there's some funding I can access but it seems complex so will email and see.

Hi there,

I have just read your post and thought I would comment as I am also a Nurse, applying for the OT programme this year. I am so worried about funding too, currently exploring options!

How are you getting on? Have you applied yet? any joy with funding :smile:
Reply 55
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much to whoever started this thread. I am hoping to submit my application off to QMU and GCU next week. Just wondering if anyone else is looking at any of the Scottish Universities?

Hope you are all well :smile:
Reply 56
I have to admit I found the interview there very stressful! So I'm hoping Essex won't be as bad! A few other candidates had been to Brunel and had a really horrible interview but I guess it depends who you get. I'm really lucky, yesterday I finally found out I've been offered a place but Essex is my preferred uni as it's closer but it's peace of mind to know if tomorrow goes badly I've got a back up! x

how long did it take for them to make you an offer after your interview?

I had an interview in Cardiff yesterday, only 20 spaces available and they were interviewing around 70 all together in March :frown:

I rang South Bank today and they are still accepting applications so I might apply there just in case I don't get a place at Cardiff!
Original post by Fsdsu
how long did it take for them to make you an offer after your interview?

I had an interview in Cardiff yesterday, only 20 spaces available and they were interviewing around 70 all together in March :frown:

I rang South Bank today and they are still accepting applications so I might apply there just in case I don't get a place at Cardiff!

Hi, it was about a month after the interview they emailed me. It felt like a very long month! I think they'd said we'd hear in 2 weeks so I was sure I didn't get in.
How did your interview go? 70 in one day sounds manic! At Essex there was about 25 people on the day I went and at least 6 days of interviews for 31(ish) places. The odds are not great! Fingers crossed for you!
Reply 58
Hi, it was about a month after the interview they emailed me. It felt like a very long month! I think they'd said we'd hear in 2 weeks so I was sure I didn't get in.
How did your interview go? 70 in one day sounds manic! At Essex there was about 25 people on the day I went and at least 6 days of interviews for 31(ish) places. The odds are not great! Fingers crossed for you!

I am not liking the waiting.....my only other application is for UEA, but their course has a Feb start and the closing date is later. Still hoping for Essex!!
Me too! The not knowing is the worst bit! I keep checking my emails, just in case of any news! Good luck with the UEA too, how many students do they take? I did have a quick look at their course, is sounds really good but it's just too far away.

Quick Reply

Latest