The Student Room Group
I know someone who is taking art as an extra GCSE. She does all the work at home and then takes it in for the art teacher to look at. If you have support in school then don't get a tutor, but if not then maybe a tutor would guide you in the right direction. :wink:
Reply 2
Why bother for just an extra GCSE? :s-smilie:
Reply 3
amrou
im takin art gcse as an xtra and im getrtin a tutor will it hep d ya think will it be worth it an hour a week. is it worth as is the course difficult

An hour a week? Good luck, you will most likely get a D. You need to spend at the elast 2 times what you spend on other subjects to get an A*
An hour a week? Good luck, you will most likely get a D. You need to spend at the elast 2 times what you spend on other subjects to get an A*

He might get tutored for an hour a week, but doesn't mean to say he can't do a lot by himself.

I do agree though, Art is such hard work. I really respect people who get an A* in that, because it is tough and requires lots of dedication.
Reply 5
Invisible
He might get tutored for an hour a week, but doesn't mean to say he can't do a lot by himself.

I do agree though, Art is such hard work. I really respect people who get an A* in that, because it is tough and requires lots of dedication.

Ahh, but knowing him I doubt it.
Reply 6
Seriously, why bother for an extra GCSE?
Reply 7
fishpaste
Seriously, why bother for an extra GCSE?

If s/he wants to take it for a-level they may need a GCSE in it...
Reply 8
jumpunderaboat
If s/he wants to take it for a-level they may need a GCSE in it...

Very silly to not be doing it as a main GCSE then.
Reply 9
fishpaste
Very silly to not be doing it as a main GCSE then.

Timetabling clash?
jumpunderaboat
Timetabling clash?

And yet taking Art as second favourite?
Reply 11
Invisible
And yet taking Art as second favourite?

Exactly
amrou
im takin art gcse as an xtra and im getrtin a tutor will it hep d ya think will it be worth it an hour a week. is it worth as is the course difficult

I wouldn't bother :smile:
Reply 13
fishpaste
Exactly

Just a possibility, got a better idea?
Reply 14
I think he's doing art at school then getting a tutor as well... right?
I wont bother then with an extra and ill just concentrate on the ones im doing -thanks for ur advice guys!

Latest

Trending

Trending