Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm stuck in a little dilemna, there two cars. Both of them are 61reg. The dealership is selling it for £3500 and the private seller for £3000. I would literally be dead broke if I bought it off the dealership, I'm talking broke as in won't even have enough money for petrol until I next get paid. however I would have enough for insurance, MOT and road tax.

however if I get it off the private seller, I would have a lot of money left over but is that worth the risk?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be safe and go to the dealership.
    But if you cant afford to run it and would be broke, dont but one.
    Cars are not cheap to run and you'll need ti keep it maintained.
    So id wait a bit first and save some money before you buy a car.
    Just to be on the safe side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    I'd be safe and go to the dealership.
    But if you cant afford to run it and would be broke, dont but one.
    Cars are not cheap to run and you'll need ti keep it maintained.
    So id wait a bit first and save some money before you buy a car.
    Just to be on the safe side
    If I get it from the dealership, id only be completely broke for this month and I'll be alright after. I have money in savings which I can use in the worst cases
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Redbed)
    Well I'm stuck in a little dilemna, there two cars. Both of them are 61reg. The dealership is selling it for £3500 and the private seller for £3000. I would literally be dead broke if I bought it off the dealership, I'm talking broke as in won't even have enough money for petrol until I next get paid. however I would have enough for insurance, MOT and road tax.

however if I get it off the private seller, I would have a lot of money left over but is that worth the risk?
    Test drive both cars, check the history of both cars, and if everything is okay, go for the private seller.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Redbed)

For a car that new, id definately buy from a dealership.
    You also get a lot more comeback from a garage if something goes wrong.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.