nelly2234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Will the university that I am at support my application and help me with doing the UCAS application when transferring to a different university? will they help me with my personal statement
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you contacted your SU / student services?
nelly2234
Rep:
?
no, i havent but dou think they will help me.. also when i am applying to transfer do i have to apply to 5 universities via ucas
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nelly2234)
no, i havent but dou think they will help me.. also when i am applying to transfer do i have to apply to 5 universities via ucas
Same as at undergrad, you can apply for 1 or 5 or anywhere in-between.
nelly2234
Rep:
?
Hey can we use our old personal statement and include just a paragraph about why we want to transfer, or do you think they will detect plagarism, even thought it our own old personal statement
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
Will the university that I am at support my application and help me with doing the UCAS application when transferring to a different university? will they help me with my personal statement
Ask at the SU?

What do you mean by support? You mean the course explain why you are leaving?
Ask them maybe?

The personal statement is your own responsibility imo. You could try careers.
iammichealjackson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You'll want to add things about why you want to move university in your personal statement too, so it won't be exactly the same...
nelly2234
Rep:
?
can i use my old personal statement and just add in a paragraph about my transfer
rs97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
can i use my old personal statement and just add in a paragraph about my transfer
I used my old statement and worked on it to improve it. I didn't get my current uni to support my UCAS application, I applied independantly and asked my college tutor for another reference. Personally, I wouldn't mention why you're transferring and its probably negative- such as you don't like the area, you aren't enjoying it etc.. I wrote it as if I was applying for my first university application as you don't want to show them that stress can drive you out of a university etc.. and I got 5 offers again☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (194)
61.59%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
3.81%
No- I want it (87)
27.62%
No- I don't want it (22)