Turn on thread page Beta

How to come to terms with the fact that I am a degenerate? watch

I am struggling to accept my fate and my existence. How do you cope with the fact that you are a degenerate and always will be.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am struggling to accept my fate and my existence. How do you cope with the fact that you are a degenerate and always will be.
    You don't and that's because you aren't. I suspect that you are suffereing some sort of mh issues to be making you feel this way. Talk to a doctor and ask about therapy. It really helps for understanding how you are feeling, coming to terms with things and resolving issues you may have.

(Original post by Kindred)
    You don't and that's because you aren't. I suspect that you are suffereing some sort of mh issues to be making you feel this way. Talk to a doctor and ask about therapy. It really helps for understanding how you are feeling, coming to terms with things and resolving issues you may have.
    I don't think anyone can help, I have so many things wrong with me it's untrue. I would rather not have been born.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I don't think anyone can help, I have so many things wrong with me it's untrue. I would rather not have been born.
    I know this must be very difficult for you, but people can help you. Please go see your doctor and discuss it with them.

You are most likely struggling with some form of mh problem like depression. Depression and other mh conditions are actually rather common and can be triggered by difficult events or stressful situations along with coming on randomly. They can make you see things in a bad light and with things that are already negative can blow them completely out of proportion to the point you feel like you can't cope or wish you didn't exist etc. Loads of people are successfuly treated for it though and seeing your doctor is the best place to start.

You can also look at mind.org and sane.org for info and advice and call or email samaritans if you need somebody to talk to.

Would you mind elaborating a little on what things are wrong? You don't have to but myself and other here would be more than willing to try to help you out if you want.

(Original post by Kindred)
    I know this must be very difficult for you, but people can help you. Please go see your doctor and discuss it with them.

You are most likely struggling with some form of mh problem like depression. Depression and other mh conditions are actually rather common and can be triggered by difficult events or stressful situations along with coming on randomly. They can make you see things in a bad light and with things that are already negative can blow them completely out of proportion to the point you feel like you can't cope or wish you didn't exist etc. Loads of people are successfuly treated for it though and seeing your doctor is the best place to start.

You can also look at mind.org and sane.org for info and advice and call or email samaritans if you need somebody to talk to.

Would you mind elaborating a little on what things are wrong? You don't have to but myself and other here would be more than willing to try to help you out if you want.
    Well, I know I have something quite wrong with me, I have been having quite dark thoughts for the past 3 years, but nobody knows this because I keep everything under lock and key. Also I am genetically messed up, I have really bad skin, and bad hair, nothing going for me in the looks department. I am rubbish at academic stuff, I have to try super hard to achieve what others can achieve without putting in hardly any effort. The list could go on but I don't want to bore you.

ReputationRep:
    have you ever touched a musical instrument? Have you tried drawing?

ReputationRep:
    It could always be worse.

You could be Hitler. Or Sarah Palin. Or Donald Trump.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Well, I know I have something quite wrong with me, I have been having quite dark thoughts for the past 3 years, but nobody knows this because I keep everything under lock and key. Also I am genetically messed up, I have really bad skin, and bad hair, nothing going for me in the looks department. I am rubbish at academic stuff, I have to try super hard to achieve what others can achieve without putting in hardly any effort. The list could go on but I don't want to bore you.
    Honestly bad skin and hair aren't all that bad. You can usually find a product to help it. Most people don't actually have great looks you just tend to think of other people in a better light than yourself since you see them at their best and yourself at your worst. A lot of this sounds like a mh problem getting to you. Mh problems would definately explain the dark thoughts and can be really exhausting which makes accademics difficult.
    You sound a lot like myself and other people I have spoken to when dealing with depression. Mind.org is a good starting point for getting more informed and there is treatment that can help you.
    I know it can be difficult to open up about things like this, but it is worth it and your doctor will not tell anybody else unless you give them permission. They deal with things like this all the time so will not judge you.

(Original post by jbman690)
    have you ever touched a musical instrument? Have you tried drawing?
    Yes I tried the drums for 6 months but was useless at it.

ReputationRep:
    You don't know what you're capable of, have you tried any art? Any other musical instruments? You don't know it yet. You will literally astound yourself when you find your gift. I have been there myself; contemplating whether life was worth living, and all kinds of suicidal thoughts. But I'm still here, I know people like you, you haven't seen your talents yet, but you assume you don't have them. Trust me, you will only get better. My friend has severe eczema, like SEVERE! But he still pulls girls, he just looks past it and confides in himself. YOU WILL GET BETTER!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.