The Student Room Group

What is plagiarism is this it

Basically i done a piece of work in BTEC Hsc and it was coursework we had a case study and had to talk about discrimination unit 14 and the teacher accusing me of plagiarism and that my work will be capped at a pass but i dnt think its the same as the one that is being said i plagiarised as we use same ideas sometimes but describe them differently and i even go on to talk about it in more detail and more content than the other work but the first 2 lines are the same (idk how) what can i do about this.
Original post by Skrilla1skrillz
Basically i done a piece of work in BTEC Hsc and it was coursework we had a case study and had to talk about discrimination unit 14 and the teacher accusing me of plagiarism and that my work will be capped at a pass but i dnt think its the same as the one that is being said i plagiarised as we use same ideas sometimes but describe them differently and i even go on to talk about it in more detail and more content than the other work but the first 2 lines are the same (idk how) what can i do about this.

I did a piece of work...

and as for the rest...
Original post by Reality Check
I did a piece of work...

and as for the rest...

Are you going to help or?
Are you going to help or?

I would have been happy to if the original post had been written in a way I could understand.

[video="youtube;IEqF2DuXZ0Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEqF2DuXZ0Y[/video]

If the first two lines of your work are identical to another earlier piece of work then yes you have plagiarised. If you copy any part of someone else's work and don't state where it came from (referencing) then it's plagiarism. If you copy and then put things in your own words without referencing the source it is still plagiarism but is less likely to be picked up by teachers or by detection software.
It may have been unintentional, you may have copied it intending to rewrite it. You might have changed it and forgot to save the edit. You might have submitted the wrong version. If this is the only similarity then you could acknowledge the mistake and ask if you can resubmit it but otherwise if there's a lot of similarity elsewhere I'm not sure what you are asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest