The Student Room Group

If you support Trump, you are destroying our culture

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joecphillips
Do you want to comment on Hillary's ties to the kkk?

Look into Robert Byrd the kkk and Hillary's relationship with him.

:lol: Did you even know who Robert Byrd was before you were told to care about this by Breitbart? I did. I've had a long interest in American politics and I knew who he was when he was actually still a senator.

The idea that there is anything comparable between Hillary Clinton having the ordinary political courtesies and relationships with a democrat who was in the senate for 50 years, from the 1960s until 2010, but who was associated with the Klan in the 1930s when he was young... the idea that this is comparable to the fact that the current KKK currently supports Donald Trump... well, either you're so brainwashed that you're no longer capable of assessing such obvious distinctions or you're dishonest in which case there's no part debating it with you.
So the Russian government gets uranium then Hillary mysteriously gets $500,000 from a bank with links to the kremlin

What date did Clinton (along with the nine other regulatory agencies) approve the sale of the uranium company? What date are you claiming Hillary Clinton received a transfer of $500,000? What was the source of that money? How do they have links to the Kremlin?

Even if this were true, which it's not, it's hilarious how Trump supporters are so hypocritical and inconsistent; you people love Putin and Russia, you're basically ready to bend over for him the second Trump becomes president, if he does, and hand over to the Russians basically everything they want. You people can't stop talking about how wonderful Putin is, but it's bad to allow a private American company to do a transaction with Russia?
You know if you post your essay on TSR you could get accused of plagiarism.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Counterfactuals are impossible to verify. I would say that I find the chants of "Lock her up" and the bold proclamations from people who have no legal education, who have no familiarity with the relevant caselaw, who often haven't even read the pertinent clauses in Title 18 of the US Code, to say "Oh she's defintely a criminal, definitely guilty, she should go to prison". If you probe that you often discover they seem to think just having a private email server was a crime and therefore she is guilty. And so you have a noxious mix of people whose ignorance of the law is being played on, and people with sinister motivations using that ignorance to start advancing very dangerous ideas (like locking up your political opponents) that are profoundly, fundamentally, obnoxious to the Anglo-American political tradition.

My view is that she did not break the law, and I saw that as a law student with a long interest in American law. It's an issue on which people who are qualified to opine can and do differ; the arguments could be finely balanced. That's why we have a judicial process, not trial by mob. By the way, the FBI director who decided not to send the case on to the US Attorney for potential prosecution, James Comey... he's a Republican. He was the Deputy Attorney-General in the Bush Administration. We're not talking about some pathetic little creature of the Clintons who was pulled out of a Wall Street firm to stitch up the FBI for them.

Trustworthy in regards of what? Our political system is based on reason, on verification, on self-interest. I trust Hillary Clinton will behave in precisely the way her political allegiances, her history, her ideological tendencies (as can be seen in the books she's written), her obligations to her supporters (in the labor unions, in the environmental movement, in the gay rights movement, as well as others in finance and technology sectors), would incline her to behave. I don't know Hillary Clinton personally so I'm not going to use these emotive words like trust in that kind of slightly pathetic "Oh I'm so deeply wounded, I trusted her" sense.

I trust Hillary Clinton would never, say, order her Attorney-General to do something that would undermine gay rights; not only because it would be contrary to her general political motivations and ideology but because she has been strongly backed financially by the gay rights movement and in the American political system she owes them. I'm not mentioning the gay thing because it's some particular political red line for me; I mention it because it's an example of an issue where we know exactly how she will behave, and "trust" is irrelevant. Her fundamental political interests are tied to her behaving in a certain way.

I trust she would never fundamentally betray Americans interests out of some bizarre sense of loyalty to the president of Russia. I trust she would be generally strong and emphatic on national security, which I care about. If you take the time to read up on a politician's history, their views, their associations... you'll rarely be surprised by what they do. The way they will approach any particular problem is usually fairly predictable based on the above considerations, and while that decision-making matrix is perhaps more favourable to capital, rather than labour, than I would prefer, broadly she is acceptable. When placed next to Trump, she is positively desirable.

The best way to predict her future behaviour is to look at her past behaviour, which is that she is broadly a middle of the road democrat who will find a balance between the interests of labor and capital, who will be supportive of the rights of minorities, who will generally continue to uphold the rule of law in America. I don't see what trust has to do with it; what are people who are claiming she can't be trusted saying she is going to do that will surprise us?

The email scandal appears to more an issue of negligence but the donations to the Clinton Foundation related to the uranium deal reek of corruption IMO.

Yannis Varoufakis summed it up well on QT last week by saying something to the effect of "you should your nose and vote for Hilary because of the alternative".
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JamesN88
The email scandal appears to more an issue of negligence but the donations to the Clinton Foundation related to the uranium deal reek of corruption IMO.

I've never seen anyone present anything in respect of the uranium that resembles a credible case against her, morally or legally.

What are you asserting is the problem? Remember Clinton as Secretary of State was merely one of nine regulatory agency heads who were involved in signing off, none of them were more important than any other in the sign-off.

But I'm open-minded; what are you claiming is the issue?
Original post by Trapz99
You know if you post your essay on TSR you could get accused of plagiarism.

That wasn't my essay, I didn't copy/paste a single word from my CLEA essay.

But I take your point re online checking systems.
excuse me what the ****
how is hillary *supporting* our culture?
how is being a warmongering, tokenistic, corrupt, corporatistic, fair-weather career politician good for any system?
does she represent a promise of improvements and changes for the west? or is she a promise of war and corruption?
trump only exists because of her
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
What date did Clinton (along with the nine other regulatory agencies) approve the sale of the uranium company? What date are you claiming Hillary Clinton received a transfer of $500,000? What was the source of that money? How do they have links to the Kremlin?

Even if this were true, which it's not, it's hilarious how Trump supporters are so hypocritical and inconsistent; you people love Putin and Russia, you're basically ready to bend over for him the second Trump becomes president, if he does, and hand over to the Russians basically everything they want. You people can't stop talking about how wonderful Putin is, but it's bad to allow a private American company to do a transaction with Russia?

I'm not sure the exact date but it wasn't long after they announced their intentions to purchase it.

There is a difference between improving relations with Russia and corruption
I'm not sure

In other words you don't have a clue, and you're so lazy and indifferent to the truth that you can't even be bothered to look up the details when challenged on it.

Nothing you say can be taken seriously.

difference between improving relations with Russia and corruption

You've just admitted you don't have a ****ing clue about this deal. You don't know what the payments were, who they were from, when they were made, who they were made to, whether Secretary Clinton was aware of them, whether if she was aware of them they changed the decision she made... you don't know any of this, but still babble on about corruption as if you have even the most basic factual understanding of the issue you're raising.

Going to ignore your comments from here, you detract far more from this thread than you add and life is too short for the aggravation
(edited 7 years ago)
I've never seen anyone present anything in respect of the uranium that resembles a credible case against her, morally or legally.

What are you asserting is the problem? Remember Clinton as Secretary of State was merely one of nine regulatory agency heads who were involved in signing off, none of them were more important than any other in the sign-off.

But I'm open-minded; what are you claiming is the issue?

The convenient timing and the fact that the donations weren't publicly declared. At the very least there was a major conflict of interest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32441222
Reply 30
:lol: Did you even know who Robert Byrd was before you were told to care about this by Breitbart? I did. I've had a long interest in American politics and I knew who he was when he was actually still a senator.

The idea that there is anything comparable between Hillary Clinton having the ordinary political courtesies and relationships with a democrat who was in the senate for 50 years, from the 1960s until 2010, but who was associated with the Klan in the 1930s when he was young... the idea that this is comparable to the fact that the current KKK currently supports Donald Trump... well, either you're so brainwashed that you're no longer capable of assessing such obvious distinctions or you're dishonest in which case there's no part debating it with you.

So someone who was a high ranked kkk member is the type of person a president should be meeting with?

The democrats have never really changed they started the kkk and now instead of using it to keep blacks complicit through fear of them they use it to make people fear the republicans, the black population is only worth a vote to Hillary and the democrats.
Original post by sleepysnooze

warmongering

How is she a warmonger? Try to be specific.

tokenistic

How is she tokenistic? Try to be specific.

corrupt

How is she corrupt? Try to be specific.

I wager that you'll be just as clueless, just as utterly incapable of actually citing any facts, as joecphillips has turned out to be.
Reply 32
In other words you don't have a clue, and you're so lazy and indifferent to the truth that you can't even be bothered to look up the details when challenged on it.

Nothing you say can be taken seriously.

You've just admitted you don't have a ****ing clue about this deal. You don't know what the payments were, who they were from, when they were made, who they were made to, whether Secretary Clinton was aware of them, whether if she was aware of them they changed the decision she made... you don't know any of this, but still babble on about corruption as if you have even the most basic factual understanding of the issue you're raising.

Going to ignore your comments from here, you detract far more from this thread than you add and life is too short for the aggravation

I'm not sure of the dates but it was before any deal was complete,but I'm sure once again it's just a coincidence like it always is with the clintons.
It's not justified, it's nonsense. There is no conspiracy by the "illuminati" to "destroy the white race".

I agree. But it is incontrovertible that the whites on the US are going to become a minority in the next twenty years or so. Most of these people are not comfortable with that:

And whatever their grievances, none of it justifies the destruction of the rule of law.

Meh. Witness what's going on in the UK now we are going down the same route as per what @Bornblue has said. To a lot of people they do not feel that the rule of law benefits them and represents people like Emily Thornberry or Chakrobarty et al. Additionally they think there's not enough law and order in the slums and cops are being constrained.

I disagree. Someone doesn't have to be intelligent to be cunning. He is extremely unintelligent, it's very clear from the fact he can barely construct a coherent sentence.

At his speeches. Which his supporters lap up. It's all an act - just like Boris, or Saint Nigel.

There is s long history in the west of people acting like idiots in order to gain power.
Reply 34

I wager that you'll be just as clueless, just as utterly incapable of actually citing any facts, as joecphillips has turned out to be.

How about she has backed every military intervention except for 1 since she has had power, even the huffington post admitted this before they started backing her
@AlexanderHam Not everyone voting for Trump likes him or even shares his opinions, they just recognise that he's the lesser of two evils.
Original post by JamesN88
The convenient timing

How is the timing convenient? What are you claiming is the timeline?

And you do realise that a donation to the Clinton Foundation doesn't go into the Clintons bank account, they get nothing from the foundation; no salary, no fringe benefits, nothing.

To show corruption, which is what you have asserted, you need to show two things;

(1) That Hillary Clinton was aware of donations to the Clinton Foundation from people involved in the deal
(2) That she was not planning to sign off on the deal, but that she did do so because of that donation

I've seen nothing that even comes close. It's just hint, hint, hint. I'm sorry but it's not enough to overturn the fact that Clinton is broadly a middle-of-the-road democrat, that her financial practices are broadly comparable to everyone else in the American political class, that she has never engaged in any pay-to-play scheme or illegal bribery and that, as a fairly conventional centrist democrat, she is in another universe in terms of desirability compared to Trump who is fundamentally dangerous to democracy.
Original post by HopelessMedic
@AlexanderHam Not everyone voting for Trump likes him or even shares his opinions, they just recognise that he's the lesser of two evils.

Except he's not the lesser of two evils; he is evil full-stop. Clinton is a pretty conventional politician in the American system, a centrist democrat, won't be that different from President Obama except maybe a bit less feeble in standing up to Russia and ISIS.

Trump by contrast is a deranged psychopath; an admitted rapist, a man who openly says he will rule as a dictator, who threatens journalists and talks about imprisoning his opponents.

I'm sorry but anyone who cannot see the salience of those issues just isn't very bright. It's not a coincidence that intelligence and levels of education correlate strongly to likelihood to vote Clinton in this election

1) iraq war
2) libya/benghazi - she was responsible for the deaths of americans as she failed to account for their security at a time of known chaos. that's why she was chucked out of public office.
3) syria - she supported ISIS
4) and now in syria she wants to impose a no fly zone when russia have aircrafts flying over the country. that's been stated by military generals as being a move that will start a war with putin

she has, on numberous occasions, stated that she should be voted for because of her gender. she even described her gender as "a merit" when people wanted her to actually list some proper merits.

she is bribed by wallstreet (and her party colleagues i.e. elizabeth warren have on many occasions spoken about this), she tries to conceil her emails from the public eye via private email servers suggesting some extremely dodgy activity that she wants to cover up, she wanted to rig palestinian elections, she rigged the democratic nomination againdt sanders, she conspired to have debate questions given to her before the debate even began etc. she's even been called the most corrupt politician of 2015 by watchdog. and jill stein called the queen of corruption. she is a crook. and the funniest thing is that I'm very likely not even listing all of her acts of corruption - there's probably more that I'm forgetting. the fact that she's only a politician because of her (also crooked) husband is also pretty shady - she got power basically handed to her.
(edited 7 years ago)
just because some racist people support trump does not make him racist. there are probably a few pedophiles and racists and murderers that support hillary.

The only reason more racist people support trump is due to his Ideologies being closer to theirs.

If you gave a racist Nazi a choice between Letting 50m Migrants into America or letting 1m in he would choose 1m as it is closer to his ideal of none..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending