Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone can help me. I applied for a job at Tesco and had my interview and everything. Even filled in starter forms, chose my logo for my name badge. Even had my size work clothing sorted out by my interviewer and everything.

However, I was told I had definitely got the job hence the above all being sorted out but I had to wait a week to find out if someone was taking redundancy then the interviewer told me he would call me on that day or the next day. Only problem is, it's now been 10 days since the interviewer was meant to call me and i've heard nothing.

Anyone been in this place before? What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    I would either give the store or the recruitment helpline(if they have one) a call to find out what is going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzaB98)
    Just wondering if anyone can help me. I applied for a job at Tesco and had my interview and everything. Even filled in starter forms, chose my logo for my name badge. Even had my size work clothing sorted out by my interviewer and everything.

However, I was told I had definitely got the job hence the above all being sorted out but I had to wait a week to find out if someone was taking redundancy then the interviewer told me he would call me on that day or the next day. Only problem is, it's now been 10 days since the interviewer was meant to call me and i've heard nothing.

Anyone been in this place before? What should I do?
    Go to the store yourself, 10 days is a looooong time.

Go while you still have time, you don't want the job offloaded to someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BluntBluster)
    Go to the store yourself, 10 days is a looooong time.

Go while you still have time, you don't want the job offloaded to someone else.
    That's actually a good idea. I was thinking of calling my interviewer but I messaged and he didn't reply so I didn't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzaB98)
    That's actually a good idea. I was thinking of calling my interviewer but I messaged and he didn't reply so I didn't know what to do.
    Get going buddy

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.