Turn on thread page Beta

Why do guys never say I'm hot to my face? watch

It's always behind my back, when they're talking to other people or my coworkers, never to my face

Probably because that is borderline sexual harassment these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's always behind my back, when they're talking to other people or my coworkers, never to my face
    Just be happy that people are saying you're hot haha #Moooose

(Original post by OvergrownMoose)
    Just be happy that people are saying you're hot haha #Moooose
    Yeah true, I'd still rather they say it to me though haha

ReputationRep:
    Considering that the "militant feminists" will not tolerate suggestive remarks being thrown at them, it's very much a good thing they never say it because they don't know how you'll react. Fear of the unknown innit
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well consider this encounter I had on my fresher's, right, we were all a bit intoxicated and I came up to a girl and said she's beautiful.

That's alright, right??

Then she replied by asking if I was gay.

Can you see how compliments like that to the face are just not a thing nowadays?

(Original post by RDKGames)
    Well consider this encounter I had on my fresher's, right, we were all a bit intoxicated and I came up to a girl and said she's beautiful.

That's alright, right??

Then she replied by asking if I was gay.

Can you see how compliments like that to the face are just not a thing nowadays?
    Ironically enough the only man who has said I'm hot/ beautiful to my face in recent times was a gay guy so maybe you have a point.

ReputationRep:
    Usually if people deliver compliments like that without spinning it a certain way there's sort of an "oh da***" moment from the girl so it's easier to just not bother at all rather than risk it for the small chance that the girl might actually like it.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably off putting if they like you.

ReputationRep:
    Probably because that is borderline sexual harassment these days

ReputationRep:
    Because feminism.

ReputationRep:
    I have told random girls they were very pretty/attractive before, but nobody i've actually known.

I think I would be quite embarrassed if they didn't react to it well, and i'd be constantly bumping into them too probably if i actually know them,whereas if a random girl reacts poorly to the compliment ...then that's it, you'll never see her again anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.