The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

durham offer holders/applicants for 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
Omg I do the same subjects. Are you an international applicant? What did you get at AS and what are your predicted grades?

no i'm UK, I got 4 As at AS (I dropped French) and am predicted 3A*s wbu?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by neevyneevy
I didn't get mine after about 2 weeks, and I got my offer 4 days later ☺️

Ah right thanks! I was just really stressing that I hadn't received confirmation from Durham but had done so from everywhere else. Are you a U.K. applicant?
Original post by katherineeegrace
Ah right thanks! I was just really stressing that I hadn't received confirmation from Durham but had done so from everywhere else. Are you a U.K. applicant?

Yeah I was too until I got mine, I looked on the website and it said it can take up to 3 weeks & if you haven't received one by then you should contact them :smile: and yeah I am!
Yeah I was too until I got mine, I looked on the website and it said it can take up to 3 weeks & if you haven't received one by then you should contact them :smile: and yeah I am!

Wow your application must have been really strong as I haven't heard of many UK offer holders so far! What course did you apply for?
Wow your application must have been really strong as I haven't heard of many UK offer holders so far! What course did you apply for?

MBio biosciences :smile: what have you applied for?
MBio biosciences :smile: what have you applied for?

International relations at Johns:smile: Have you found at which college you've been accepted to yet?
International relations at Johns:smile: Have you found at which college you've been accepted to yet?

Nice, good luck!! I'm sure you'll hear back soon :smile: & no not yet, I applied for Josephine Butler but haven't heard back yet, it said in the email that applicants who receive an offer by the 1st February will know their college by the 1st March
Law offer of ABB, Home student, Applied to Castle but haven't been allocated yet. Congrats to everyone else on their offers, or if you're still waiting- good luck :smile:
Got AAC at AS and predicted A*A*A. Looking to do Engineering. Haven't heard anything back yet (applied before 15th October deadline)
Original post by Gold-Confetti
Law offer of ABB, Home student, Applied to Castle but haven't been allocated yet. Congrats to everyone else on their offers, or if you're still waiting- good luck :smile:

Wow congratulations!!! Since their standard offer is A*AA (correct me if wrong), you must have made a real impression. Seems pretty low for D/ham:smile:
Wow congratulations!!! Since their standard offer is A*AA (correct me if wrong), you must have made a real impression. Seems pretty low for D/ham:smile:

Thank you! Yes you're right, it's a lot lower. I did their SP programme which I thankfully passed. The standard offer having passed that was supposed to be AAA/AAB, but I must've impressed them because they gave me ABB. I was very pleased :smile:

That scheme was a gift because if I firm them they'll give me £5,500 a year too. Hopefully I'll never need it though- I have my fingers crossed for an offer from Cambridge :colondollar:

I hope your applications are going well too!
Maths applicant, applied before 16th, not heard yet.

I'm a mature student looking to do something significantly different from last time at uni (classics). Durham is probably my first choice.

Taking Physics A level and Advanced higher maths and mechanics. Predicted A* A1 A1 by my tutor. Will probably also take step, even though I got rejected from Cambridge.
I got a conditional offer for Education Studies (Geography) for an A in geography and an A and B in Business Studies and Economics but i applied as a deferred entry so my application is for 2018. I applied to St Johns so fingers crossed but often quite a bit of college reallocation occurs as some colleges like University College (aka castle) are extremely over subscribed and other are very under subscribed, also many of the colleges have different reputations so i advise to check some of those out when you get your college allocation I didn't sit any AS exams but i am predicted AAA (because of the system change to linear alevels). GOOD LUCK!!
I've got an offer for Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity. They've asked for AAB.
Reply 54
Durham ask for 36pts on the IB with 17 points from Higher Level courses. I'm apparently predicted to get a 35-36 without the additional EE/TOK points (which could bring my point total to a 37-38). I've been told that my HL courses currently add up to 16, but maybe 17. Has anyone had an offer from Durham who could tell me more about it, and if not, do you think I should take the risk and apply even though I MAY be lacking a point?

I'm applying for Business & Management btw.
Reply 55
Got an offer for Physics way back in October!
Offer was A*A*A, and my predicted grades are 4A*s plus in my maths AS modules I averaged over 96 UMS. Applied to St Cuths.
Reply 56
Got an offer A*A*A for Physics - open application. Got AAAA at AS level (maths, chem, phys and bio) - dropped bio for year 13 and now predicted A*A*A for Phys Chem and Maths.

Not really bothered which college I get into to be perfectly honest.
Conditional for Law!! I applied to Castle (because, Hogwarts.)
Just got an offer for physics for A*A*A!
Has anyone applied to Collingwood????
applied for International Relations at Marys- only sent form off on Thursday...
Was a fresher at Durham doing Spanish, French and Arabic until 2 weeks ago when I dropped out lol....
Hopefully 2nd time lucky :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest