The Student Room Group

george_c00per 's Study Blog : D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by george_c00per
Entry 6

Proud of how many tasks I have successfully done as it's only been 4 days since my last post! I revised for the Classics test I had today, I did my essay on gender specific household chores, revised the grammar for the Spanish test (25/25 u wot u wot), and learnt some Spanish vocab. I haven't done my History essay yet, but that's not in until next Tuesday.

This week felt like another test week tbh :colondollar:
I had a Classics test today, a French vocab test today, a Spanish vocab test on Wednesday, and a Spanish grammar test on Tuesday :argh: All went fine, and I'm not worried about any of them (especially as they don't go towards anything; my other tests went on my report). I received 24/30 on a Classics homework which was good as it was the first time I had done one of the question formats. Overall it's been a good first half of the week!

For the next entry I need to:
- Do the History essay
- Summarise a sheet of A4 with about 600 words into 150 words for French (kmn)
- Write a Spanish essay on feminism and chauvinism (this is off the top of my head, I don't have the exercise book with me)
- Write some answers for a French oral card sheet

I think that's everything. :tongue:

Wow well done you! :party: :jumphug: :smile:
Best of luck, if you need a hand with anything, I'm here for you George :france:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Wow well done you! :party: :jumphug: :smile:
Best of luck, if you need a hand with anything, I'm here for you George :france:

merci merci cheese!!!! did you have to summarise articles in AS french?? i think it's a new thing on the spec and it's the worst thing ever :colonhash:
No I don't think so :s-smilie:
Had a nasty question in my exam where we had to join up the main points of a peice of text full of words I didn't know - but that's it really
Did some PPQs like that tho
I'm sure you'll get better with practise :hugs:
merci merci cheese!!!! did you have to summarise articles in AS french?? i think it's a new thing on the spec and it's the worst thing ever :colonhash:
No I don't think so :s-smilie:
Had a nasty question in my exam where we had to join up the main points of a peice of text full of words I didn't know - but that's it really
Did some PPQs like that tho
I'm sure you'll get better with practise :hugs:

Oooh, that sounds nasty :s-smilie:
Hopefully so!! :godancing:
Oooh, that sounds nasty :s-smilie:
Hopefully so!! :godancing:

You'll do it :hugs:
Entry 7

Finally the holidays!!!! I can catch up on the sleep I so desperately need. :biggrin:

I did the History essay, summarised the sheet, wrote an essay on Spanish feminism and wrote some answers for the French Oral Card. :smile:

The final week has been fine, everyone including the teachers has been tired so the lessons as a whole have been laid back. However, I've still been set homework over the holidays, so my next official entry will be once I'm back at school. I might do some small ones about certain things I have done, but not a big one like this. :tongue:

For the Christmas holidays I will:
- Write Classics essay on the extent Agamemnon deserved to die
- Learn some French vocab
- Learn some Spanish vocab
- Read some/all of the French book we will be studying
- Read some chapters of this super cool old book about the Age of Improvement 1780-1860 for History
- Go over Spanish book we will be studying (already read this over October half term)

Possibly keeping myself too busy.. :colondollar:
Entry 7

Finally the holidays!!!! I can catch up on the sleep I so desperately need. :biggrin:

I did the History essay, summarised the sheet, wrote an essay on Spanish feminism and wrote some answers for the French Oral Card. :smile:

The final week has been fine, everyone including the teachers has been tired so the lessons as a whole have been laid back. However, I've still been set homework over the holidays, so my next official entry will be once I'm back at school. I might do some small ones about certain things I have done, but not a big one like this. :tongue:

For the Christmas holidays I will:
- Write Classics essay on the extent Agamemnon deserved to die
- Learn some French vocab
- Learn some Spanish vocab
- Read some/all of the French book we will be studying
- Read some chapters of this super cool old book about the Age of Improvement 1780-1860 for History
- Go over Spanish book we will be studying (already read this over October half term)

Possibly keeping myself too busy.. :colondollar:

haha same :P
Very busy indeed XD hope you get it done George!
Hope you've got some relaxation planned XD
haha same :P
Very busy indeed XD hope you get it done George!
Hope you've got some relaxation planned XD

Don't worry, I've got a lot of relaxation planned :biggrin:
Don't worry, I've got a lot of relaxation planned :biggrin:

OOH! Spill beanz :colone:
OOH! Spill beanz :colone:

Well for starters, as I'm a terrible procrastinator I probably won't start doing any of this work until the last week :colondollar:
Well for starters, as I'm a terrible procrastinator I probably won't start doing any of this work until the last week :colondollar:

lol same XD
All I did today was 1 maths question XDDDDDD
lol same XD
All I did today was 1 maths question XDDDDDD

I've been there before :biggrin::biggrin:
I've been there before :biggrin::biggrin:

I also ate loads of sweets
Can you tell? XD XD XD :crazy:
I also ate loads of sweets
Can you tell? XD XD XD :crazy:

You're always hyper, so no I didn't unfortunately :wink:
You're always hyper, so no I didn't unfortunately :wink:

This is a bit true :hide: XDDDDDDDDDDDD
Entry 8

This thread hasn't died!! I promise!!

Last time I wrote one of these was before Christmas, and quite a lot has changed since then in terms of the work I've been set! I have completed most of the tasks I wanted to do, including learning French vocab (for a test tomorrow :colonhash:), learning Spanish vocab + grammar (received 59/65, A* :u:) and finishing the essay on Agamemnon. I looked over my Spanish book a bit but soon realised I'd remembered more than I thought I would have done. My french book... well we aren't going to be starting to study that until Year 13, so it's not too bad that I've only read a chapter, right? :redface: I skimmed over the History book as well, and as cool as it may look because it's so old (my friend had a student name and a date labelled 1968 on theirs!!) it wasn't the most exciting thing to study, so I looked over to see if there was any important information, of which there was little to none.

Since I've been off for 3 and a half weeks my teachers have decided to give me all my homework at the same time, so I'm very busy with school work out of school hours. These are the things I need to try and complete by next blog post:

- Write History essay on Catholic Reform and the Jewish Inquisition in 1480s Spain
- Finish Classics booklet on Antigone
- Revise for Classics test on Solon, Kleisthenes, Ephialtes and Perikles
- Plan Classics essay on Ephialtes and Perikles
- Sort out bits and pieces for Spanish Oral

..So basically it's all Classics work with bits of History and Spanish that needs to be done.. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest