Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got parents who just are simply really annoying. Got my AS results and they were 2A's and 3B's and with a few resits they'll be 4A's. My parents however basically accused me of letting myself down and causing them loads of stress. Any ideas of how to deal with them?

ReputationRep:
    Causing them stress? They should be proud of you.

Tell them how stressful its been for you to get good results.

ReputationRep:
    I did but then I moved out so I only have to ring them for money. :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Don't have your problem sorry, but they should be glad..those are good results. You're not going to school for them but for yourself :/

ReputationRep:
    2A's and 3B's is awesome.

:hugs: thats fantastic! ..dont worry about you parents at the end of the day its going to be you making a living and feeding yourself. If those are the grades you need to do whatever you want then dont let them hold you down!

ReputationRep:
    Your results are good, but always remember that your parents care for you and wish you the best.

By the time you'll discover that your parents are right you'd have children who think you're wrong.LOL:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ask them how they did in their AS levels, and if they're worse than yours, you win and they can't moan.
    If they did better, then explain that you tried your best and they should accept that.

For the record, those results are a brilliant score.

ReputationRep:
    ouch that's probably what they're going to do when mine's out i'll just point out to them that i've been in near-to-death situations too many times that i'm getting too used to em, and hopefully they'll remember all the hard work i've done at school at home everywhere and how the teachers used to say 'what? oh [chezua]! ah she's a darling, she works very hard and i wish every success for her' :bird:

ReputationRep:
    they r like wax in ur life

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.