Turn on thread page Beta

Withdrawn from my course for being ill? watch

ReputationRep:
    So i was on a Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT.

I have been off for about 4-5 weeks due to medical illness. I rang and emailed the college regularly to let them know but failed to email them for 1 week during this time.

I had been suffering from severe mental problems during this time due to a alteration of my anxiety and sleep medication by my doctor.

I also spent a night in A&E during this period.

I had full doctors evidence including the A&E report. But when i called my tutor to see when i could come back into college he said that i had been withdrawn from the course because its of failure to attend and not ringing him for 1 week! During this time they did not send me a single warning letter or withdrawal from course letter not a thing through the post.

He said that he would see what he could do and call me back. Its been 3 days and hes not called me back and my college VLE still shows that i am withdrawn from the course.

What options do i have here guys? Can i dispute this decision with someone higher up in the college?

ReputationRep:
    Most of these decisions are done informally in the college. Go up there and shove all your medicals records in their faces (literally). It's not right to get removed like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NzMods50)
    So i was on a Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT.

I have been off for about 4-5 weeks due to medical illness. I rang and emailed the college regularly to let them know but failed to email them for 1 week during this time.

I had been suffering from severe mental problems during this time due to a alteration of my anxiety and sleep medication by my doctor.

I also spent a night in A&E during this period.

I had full doctors evidence including the A&E report. But when i called my tutor to see when i could come back into college he said that i had been withdrawn from the course because its of failure to attend and not ringing him for 1 week! During this time they did not send me a single warning letter or withdrawal from course letter not a thing through the post.

He said that he would see what he could do and call me back. Its been 3 days and hes not called me back and my college VLE still shows that i am withdrawn from the course.

What options do i have here guys? Can i dispute this decision with someone higher up in the college?
    Hmm, sounds like something my college would do too. How old are you, may I ask? If you've still time before you're 19, why not take a brake from the college nonsense and wait till next September. Sounds crazy? Maybe, but so am I.
    Perhaps find a job and enjoy life for a while before you return to college, hell, even go find a new teaching institution.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.