Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Saddam Hussein has had a stroke and his health is very poor - meaning he may die before his trial! :eek:

To find out more look below:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews...name_page.html

ReputationRep:
    Before believing it I'd wait for it to turn up on a more reputable source.

ReputationRep:
    How conveeeeeenient. :rolleyes:
    *cough* poison *cough*

ReputationRep:
    Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    pity .... he deserves to die like one of the many ppl he tortured

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Before believing it I'd wait for it to turn up on a more reputable source.
    Yeh I agree that the Mirror isn't exactly a brilliant source but they wouldn't just print something like that surely.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it'll be on CNN or the like now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Yeh I agree that the Mirror isn't exactly a brilliant source but they wouldn't just print something like that surely.
    Probably not, but the truth may have been embellished somewhat. I take all tabloids with a pinch of salt.

Hasn't turned up on the BBC News site yet.

ReputationRep:
    good.
    he's sodamn insane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Maybe it'll be on CNN or the like now?
    Nope nothing yet.

ReputationRep:
    Sky news has something about him snacking on muffins :confused:

ReputationRep:
    How conveeeeeenient. :rolleyes:
    *cough* poison *cough*
    This is what the British did to Wolfe Tone. He was sentenced to be hung but he had the right to be shot as he was a French General. On top of this, his father had found some law or other which would get him off.

In the full knowledge that he should get off, or shot at the worst, this ex-medical student decided to cut his TRACHEA and die in agony over a week...

I'd have a) waited to get off, b) waited to get shot, c) cut my main vein/artery (all of which he could have done.

So why did he cut his trachea...?

*cough* conveeeeeenient *cough*

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    This is what the British did to Wolfe Tone. He was sentenced to be hung but he had the right to be shot as he was a French General. On top of this, his father had found some law or other which would get him off.

In the full knowledge that he should get off, or shot at the worst, this ex-medical student decided to cut his TRACHEA and die in agony over a week...

I'd have a) waited to get off, b) waited to get shot, c) cut my main vein/artery (all of which he could have done.

So why did he cut his trachea...?

*cough* conveeeeeenient *cough*

:rolleyes:
    There isn't too much concern about him getting off though, is there?

ReputationRep:
    Well that is kinda related to strokes - he obviously had one too many.

ReputationRep:
    No other source has it, probably the Mirror trying to sell papers. According to the Independent he likes American foods such as muffins and cookies. He has also started planting stuff in his own little garden and treating it with care and respect; was obviously a slow news day or something...

ReputationRep:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Saddam Hussein has had a stroke and his health is very poor - meaning he may die before his trial! :eek:

To find out more look below:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews...name_page.html
    the last bits not very nice ' blair wud be happier if he died of ill health'

ReputationRep:
    he's not really fit enough to go on trial. They should suspend his trial the way they did Millosovics.

ReputationRep:
    I bet this crack 'multinational legal team' are quaking in their boots. Saddam dying before trial is not good news for the lawyers.

"We're very worried that we won't have a client to defend" ...nor a cheque to be cashed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    the last bits not very nice ' blair wud be happier if he died of ill health'
    So? Its true. If Saddam died of ill health it would avoid the "will Saddam get the death penalty" scenario. I dont think Blair can be seen to support the Iraqi decision to murder Saddam, but he also has to be seen to be supporting the right of the new sovereign Iraqi nation (*cough* puppet regime *cough*) to try their own criminals by their standards.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.