The Student Room Group

Did you and your partner ever take a long break in your relationship?

Did you take a long break because things weren't working out or one of you hurt the other? Did you know you would be together again or did the distance from the break up just drive your further a part?
Share your stories
Oh
Reply 2
Me and my partner actually took a year long break when we were younger. We didn't know if we would get back together or not but we needed the time apart to mature and find out what we really wanted in life. I dated three guys during that year and he didn't date anyone.

We decided after a year of being apart that what we did want deep down was each other and we were both now mature enough to have a serious relationship and we've been together almost eight years straight now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Spock's Socks
Me and my partner actually took a year long break when we were younger. We didn't know if we would get back together or not but we needed the time apart to mature and find out what we really wanted in life. I dated three guys during that year and he didn't date anyone.

We decided after a year of being apart that what we did want deep down was each other and we were both now mature enough to have a serious relationship and we've been together almost eight years straight now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was he bothered by the other relationships you'd been in during your time apart- as in did it make him feel hesitant about getting back together knowing you had been with other people while he hadn't been with anyone else?

Very happy for you by the way. An 8 year relationship starting at such a young age must have been a lot of hard work.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Was he bothered by the other relationships you'd been in during your time apart- as in did it make him feel hesitant about getting back together knowing you had been with other people while he hadn't been with anyone else?

Very happy for you by the way. An 8 year relationship starting at such a young age must have been a lot of hard work.

No, he was fine with it. He knew I never had sex with any of them and only went on dates and kissed them at most. I think even if I had sex though, he still wouldn't be hesitant about getting back together. He'd have probably ask me to get tested for STIs though which would be fair enough and if the situation was reversed, I'd ask for the same.

Thanks :smile: nah I wouldn't say it's been hard work, maybe a small challenge at the beginning but things worked out thankfully. Ever since we got back together, things just worked and time has flown by. Things aren't always sunshine and rainbows but the relationship just flows naturally and doesn't feel like a chore :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
One time I let the woman out of my basement for a six month break then took her back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending