Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Living not far from Manchester and wanting to study law. The University of Law Manchester seems like an attractive proposition at £6000 per year requiring 3 B's at A Level (Projected targets 1A and 3B's including citizenship). It's tutors are all apparently ex barristers and solicitors and the facilities seemed to be good at the open day.
    I however been able to find very little of students who had attended this university but the results have been very polarising. They tend to e very positive or very negative, arguing that the university will take anyone even with very low grades, has low standards of teaching, isn't respected and is trying to get money out of you with the minimum effort required.
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this university in Manchester or in any other of their locations and could perhaps tell me what they thought of it. Thank you in advance for any help.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was AAA to get into Manchester for law??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jem0)
    I thought it was AAA to get into Manchester for law??
    I'm asking people about this on http://www.law.ac.uk/locations/ which is the University of Law which is in Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrison Mauds)
    I'm asking people about this on http://www.law.ac.uk/locations/ which is the University of Law which is in Manchester.
    Oh right yeah. I was literally putting that choice down today, and then I googled their accommodation etc (Manchester too) and I realised it won't be the same as somewhere like uni of Manchester for law due to the small amount of people. I mean if you want a quote atmosphere without a load of partying then I think that's a good option. It just seems like a small institution for those that are more subdued students

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.