Turn on thread page Beta

Deadlift Back Rounding Problem That I Am Finding Hard To Get Rid Of watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically my problem is that I am finding that my back rounds even on the lightest deadlifts when I try to reset and build back up again. I try my best to keep the back straight and have read a few forums about the issue, I have tried to follow the tips like looking to quite a high place in your line of vision. However, I can't seem to work out where the weakness or imbalance is.

I have a bit of a posture problem where my shoulders roll forward but when I set up for the deadlift it feels like it is stupidly difficult to keep my back from rounding even on easy lifts.Could it be tight hamstrings? Could it be the posture problem regarding the shoulders rolling forward?

I have attached a picture of the frustrating problem and how it looks. I don't struggle to get the weight off the floor, or locking out the weight. The only real (big) problem I have is keeping the back straight, the thing is I can't really work out what is causing this...

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Bar is too far away from you, your hips are shooting and you're pulling entirely with your lower back thats why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Bar is too far away from you, your hips are shooting and you're pulling entirely with your lower back thats why
    Yes, when I was lifting I was focusing on keeping the lower back straight and I don't think I really activated the upper back.

I don't know how to address the hip shooting issue.

ReputationRep:
    you're not using your hamstrings. Bend your knees abit more, squeeze yours hamstrings/glutes and your back won't round so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    you're not using your hamstrings. Bend your knees abit more, squeeze yours hamstrings/glutes and your back won't round so much
    I thought so. I can SLDL pretty comfortably when I put my mind to it but when it comes to DL I am ****ing it up.

Why can't everyday be Chest day ?

I think I will have a lot of warmup sets next time working on my form and then see if I can translate that into the working set.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Basically my problem is that I am finding that my back rounds even on the lightest deadlifts when I try to reset and build back up again. I try my best to keep the back straight and have read a few forums about the issue, I have tried to follow the tips like looking to quite a high place in your line of vision. However, I can't seem to work out where the weakness or imbalance is.

I have a bit of a posture problem where my shoulders roll forward but when I set up for the deadlift it feels like it is stupidly difficult to keep my back from rounding even on easy lifts.Could it be tight hamstrings? Could it be the posture problem regarding the shoulders rolling forward?

I have attached a picture of the frustrating problem and how it looks. I don't struggle to get the weight off the floor, or locking out the weight. The only real (big) problem I have is keeping the back straight, the thing is I can't really work out what is causing this...

Need to see a vid of your setup. Maybe you're just not bracing hard enough, or getting your back into strong enough extension.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus this forum man

>guy posts a picture of himself literally doing a SLDL
    >"you're not using your hamstrings"

:|

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.