The Student Room Group

HELP! Should I apply to foundation medicine?

During the summer, I got some really average GCSE results as I was having some family problems when I was taking my exams. I only got 1 A and the rest of my results were Bs (except a C in maths) . I am now doing A level biology, history and philosophy. I have been working my arse off for the past 8 weeks and I managed to get As in all of my assessments. I'm planning to retake my GCSEs next year so I can get As. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE?
(edited 7 years ago)
My advice would be to carry on with your A Levels and work really hard for them, achieving AAA (or better.) Universities look down upon resits and prefer when students have achieved their grades in the two years e.g year 10 & 11, so your probably best to apply for a course such as medicine with a foundation year (because you're not sitting Chemistry at A Level) at a University that does not heavily rely on GCSE grades. If you qualify you could also send an extenuating circumstances form with your application to explain your performance at GCSE.
Congratulations on your initial assessment grades though! That's great for the start of A Levels, meaning you're well on track for achieving those grades in you're final exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest