Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    this is if i get offers for all 3, wanting to study economics, info on + points and - points would be v. helpful , including stuff about uni life ecttttt

ReputationRep:
    You didn't even say your results/subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravenous food)
    You didn't even say your results/subjects
    its because i just want to know the positives & negatives of each
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ineedA)
    this is if i get offers for all 3, wanting to study economics, info on + points and - points would be v. helpful , including stuff about uni life ecttttt
    Both Bath and Warwick are more quantitative than Durham. This has nothing to do with the fact that Durham is BA, but more to do with the fact you won't cover matrix algebra until the second year at the earliest and can avoid it entirely. That said, Durham is more applied, and so you should leave with a better understanding of everyday economics as opposed to theoretical models.

Warwick generally has a better reputation than Bath, but it's all very much of a muchness. Both are good programmes, particularly at the BSc. I'd maybe opt for Warwick over Bath due to university size (Warwick has almost 10k more students), more societies, etc.

But personally I believe there is little difference between Warwick and Bath in terms of BSc course, career opportunities, etc. It is more about university size, lifestyle and atmosphere.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ineedA)
    Hi,

I'm a second year student currently studying at Bath. I don't study economics but I'll try and give you an insight into my experiences of uni life at Bath.

I've really enjoyed my time here so far. I was quite worried when applying that the city/university might be a bit small, however I haven't had any problems with this. Having fewer students means that the university can focus more on student support. Certainly having spoken with friends at other universities there's a notable difference in the time taken by staff to help you if you're struggling.

Also, I wouldn't worry that having fewer students might harm your social life. There may not be as many bars/clubs as there are in some big cities but there's still a very good range and all it means is that you tend to bump into people you know a lot more.

The campus at Bath is really nice and most students get to live up there in their first year. I found it was a great way to meet people, as everybody lives nearby. The campus is a bit more integrated with the city than in places like Warwick as it's very close to the city centre (a 10 minute bus journey).

Someone on the thread mentioned that Bath may not have as many societies/clubs as other universities. Again, I wouldn't worry about this. When I went to one of the fairs during freshers week I was pretty overwhelmed by the number and range of sports and activities on offer. Whichever university you choose, I'd really recommend getting involved in some of these!

Hope that helps! If you've got any more questions about Bath, feel free to quote me.

Tim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Both Bath and Warwick are more quantitative than Durham. This has nothing to do with the fact that Durham is BA, but more to do with the fact you won't cover matrix algebra until the second year at the earliest and can avoid it entirely. That said, Durham is more applied, and so you should leave with a better understanding of everyday economics as opposed to theoretical models.

Warwick generally has a better reputation than Bath, but it's all very much of a muchness. Both are good programmes, particularly at the BSc. I'd maybe opt for Warwick over Bath due to university size (Warwick has almost 10k more students), more societies, etc.

But personally I believe there is little difference between Warwick and Bath in terms of BSc course, career opportunities, etc. It is more about university size, lifestyle and atmosphere.
    UCL or warwick for career prospects and rep and course?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.