The Student Room Group

I'm applying as a migrant worker, I have a question.

I am first year University student my permanent residence is the UK, I have lived here more than 5 years and done all my education here from 7th grade to now. I am an EEA national (Norwegian). I for student finance this year as a migrant worker and everything has worked out fine, I got approved and got my payment.

So I need to be in continuous employment to keep getting my next instalment in January, which I am. However I met someone who also is a Norwegian national and who is also studying in university and he told me he did not have to apply as a migrant worker (he does not need to work to get maintenance loan) because he had a permanent residence card. Is this true?

Thank you,
Reda
Hi there.

For those from the EU/EEA we can either assess them as a Migrant Worker, or due to the fact they have lived in the UK for the 5 years before the start of their course we can assess them due to residency.

Depending on how you fill in the application, this can affect which way we assess you.

If you wish to be assessed on residency you can send in a residency form but will need to send in evidence covering 5 years to show you were in the UK.

Otherwise you can continue to be dealt with as a Migrant Worker.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Brian SFE
Hi there.

For those from the EU/EEA we can either assess them as a Migrant Worker, or due to the fact they have lived in the UK for the 5 years before the start of their course we can assess them due to residency.

Depending on how you fill in the application, this can affect which way we assess you.

If you wish to be assessed on residency you can send in a residency form but will need to send in evidence covering 5 years to show you were in the UK.

Otherwise you can continue to be dealt with as a Migrant Worker.

Thanks

Thank you very much for your reply.

What do you mean by how I fill in my application?

Will a bank statement be sufficient that I lived 5 years in the UK? For example if I request a really old bank statement from my bank.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi there,

Depending on if you fill in sections to state you're working and what you put as your address history.

Bank statements would need to be original and they would need to show plenty of activity in the past 5 years to be accepted.

Thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by Brian SFE
Hi there,

Depending on if you fill in sections to state you're working and what you put as your address history.

Bank statements would need to be original and they would need to show plenty of activity in the past 5 years to be accepted.

Thanks.

Ok so how do I go about doing this? I am a first year student, I already got my first instalment as a migrant worker. Do I call to change my circumstances or do I have to wait for next year? That is after I get my card.
Hi Reda2

You should have already completed the PN1 application form. Please send a residency form: http://bit.ly/1GHaHx8
and 5 years with of evidence to show you have been living in the UK, with a cover letter.

Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Pamela SFE
Hi Reda2

You should have already completed the PN1 application form. Please send a residency form: http://bit.ly/1GHaHx8
and 5 years with of evidence to show you have been living in the UK, with a cover letter.

Thanks

Thank you very much for the reply.

What do you mean by the PN1 application form? If it is the student finance form to apply for student finance then yes I have done it and I got my first instalment and will get my second one in January. So I just need to send that evidence without applying for a residency card and I will not have to work to get maintenance loan?

Sorry for all the questions.
Hi , Yes the PN1 form is the application form you would have completed when you applied. Please complete the residency form and send this along with your evidence. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending