The Student Room Group

Huge problem

I accepted a job then later had an interview for a better job which i didn't think i was going to get now i got it and i dont know what to do
Reply 1
Accept the better job. You're dispensable to anyone you work for.

Easy.
Reply 2
Just tell them that you've found a better job
Reply 3
but i do want to do the first job i rang her and chickened out a bit and she gave me 2 days off
Reply 4
accept the one with more money
Reply 5
I dont know what to say to the first people
Original post by Roshany
I dont know what to say to the first people

Just contact them asap and let them know that at the time you were interviewing for several jobs and another one has been offered to you , which you wish to take. If you havent started they wont mind and it might give them time to offer it to the next person. Just do it.

In the unlikely event they are difficult then you simply have to issue your notice as soon as you start and serve it out. You should make sure the other job has been offered and you have the contract, so its not withdrawn at the last minute. Bite the bullet and just do it.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Just contact them asap and let them know that at the time you were interviewing for several jobs and another one has been offered to you , which you wish to take. If you havent started they wont mind and it might give them time to offer it to the next person. Just do it.

In the unlikely event they are difficult then you simply have to issue your notice as soon as you start and serve it out. You should make sure the other job has been offered and you have the contract, so its not withdrawn at the last minute. Bite the bullet and just do it.

I want to do both but i dont know if they would they let me do different shift times im actually really scared to call up
Original post by Roshany
I want to do both but i dont know if they would they let me do different shift times im actually really scared to call up

Well you can enquire wehther there is a chance you can change shufts. the way you ste out your OP it looked liked you anted the 2nd job more. As long as you are polite and clear then they wont have a problem and if they do then they arent someone you wnat to work for anyway.

If you are unable to handle a phone call, then e-mail them. The sooner you let them know then the sooner you can move on. Its probably nothing would happen this weekend anyway.

Quick Reply