Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a brown south asian 17 year old dude in Year 13 and I've recently been attracted to this girl in the year below.

I've only spoken a word to her when she asked to borrow a chair, and I didn't even look her in the face...

I've seen her around plently of times, and I keep thinking to myself "Wow, she's really pretty". However, I have never attempted to pursue her.. or any girl for that matter.

She hangs out with 2 friends all the time, and I never seem to find her on her own. She also hangs out with some guy who I presume is her boyfriend but I can't be too sure about that.. rather I don't want that as a possibility.

I've never approached a girl before and I don't know what to do or what to say. Maybe because I'm some kind of wallflower, or that I'm a bit chubby and 5'7", or because of my ethinicity. I can think of many excuses. I don't know how to convey myself as this happy, kind and friendly guy to her.

If all doesn't work out I'd still like to be friends with her, someone she'd talk to on a daily basis. I don't want to mess up because I'd become a laughing stock. Some guy who got rejected because he can't talk to girls, and then the people I used to calk friends will mock me.

So.. what do I do?

I know where you are coming from, whatever you do don't change yourself to be with her, just try the odd hi when you walk past, try messaging her on social media first, go slowly and steady and if it doesn't work out then dont worry

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I know where you are coming from, whatever you do don't change yourself to be with her, just try the odd hi when you walk past, try messaging her on social media first, go slowly and steady and if it doesn't work out then dont worry
    I've tried social media with another girl which led to a chain of unfortunate events. So I don't think I'll be contacting her or any girl on social media any time soon.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2016
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.