Turn on thread page Beta

How do I get the injection? watch

The last time I got the injection was a month and a week ago and I'm not sure when I am supposed to go back for the second one. It was during an abortion that I had the injection and I was meant to go for an outpatient appointment (which I had to schedule myself) 2/3 weeks after which I did not. I'm not sure what to do? And I also don't want to go through my GP so will I just have to go to a sexual health walk in centre? Or do I have to make an appointment at a sexual health clinic if I want an injection?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The last time I got the injection was a month and a week ago and I'm not sure when I am supposed to go back for the second one. It was during an abortion that I had the injection and I was meant to go for an outpatient appointment (which I had to schedule myself) 2/3 weeks after which I did not. I'm not sure what to do? And I also don't want to go through my GP so will I just have to go to a sexual health walk in centre? Or do I have to make an appointment at a sexual health clinic if I want an injection?
    It depends on which injection you got as to when you need another, so you need to find this out. Why didn't you schedule the appointment? It could be worth calling up and asking if you still need to go. It depends what your local sexual health clinics offer as to where to go. A walk in clinic may be able to do it, but they may not. They will also need to know which injection you had

ReputationRep:
    Search the NHS site for local sexual health clinics. You can see who offers what, where and when. I know some clinics will allow you to walk in to have the injection, whereas some will require an appointment. It's best to ring beforehand to ask. You can also go to your GP.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.