The Student Room Group

Funding for 5 years

Hi,

I am wanting to do a 2 year foundation degree in 'Supporting Learning' and then once I have competed that I want to go onto a full 3 year degree in 'Primary Education'. My question is, would I be able to get funding for these 5 years? I don't want to do the FD and then find out when applying for the full degree that I can't get enough funding.

Many thanks,

Paige
Hi there.

Would you be starting the second Degree course from year 1? Normally in these instances you would be a direct entrant into either year 2 or 3 of the Degree course.

If not and you enter into year one then we need to consider your previous study of 2 years on the foundation.

This essentially means that either way we will only be able to offer full funding for years 2 and 3 of the second course.

Thanks.
Reply 2
Hi,

I have spoken to the University and they said it would be unlikely that I would be put into 2nd or 3rd year, however, they said they may be able to accredit some modules. Would this reduce costs? I think I will try and look for a one year foundation course.

Thanks for your help,

Paige
Hi there.

It's likely that if there are aspects of the course that you do not need to complete that costs will reduce, however that is a decision that your uni will have to take.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending