Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, i am really struggling on structuring my personal statment please help!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The structure I followed for mine was:
    Paragraph 1: Overview of why I want to study that course
    Paragraph 2: How my A Levels each help/lend themselves to that course
    Paragraph 3: Any extra reading/work experience i'd done
    Paragraph 4: Extra-Curricular Activities

There are a bunch of videos on YouTube which explain this structure and other ones in more depth. Just type in "personal statement structure". Don't worry about the word count for now, it's much easier to cut words out from a finished document than to try and limit yourself in the process of writing. If you want somebody to read through your statement I'd be happy to check it for you

(Original post by LucyJar)
    hi, i am really struggling on structuring my personal statment please help!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LamantChenille)

There are a bunch of videos on YouTube which explain this structure and other ones in more depth. Just type in "personal statement structure". Don't worry about the word count for now, it's much easier to cut words out from a finished document than to try and limit yourself in the process of writing. If you want somebody to read through your statement I'd be happy to check it for you

This is very good advice and you should try this out. Also, ask your school/college to help you as well. They know you better and can give you tips on how to make the most of your strengths. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Look at some examples on TSR but do not copy and paste.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

Please don't encourage people to send their PSs to people over the internet. TSR don't allow this, as there is no way to control what happens to it and plagiarism is very real.

OP - check out the guidance in my signature. There is a PS builder that will talk you through the process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Interrobang*)
    Please don't encourage people to send their PSs to people over the internet. TSR don't allow this, as there is no way to control what happens to it and plagiarism is very real.

OP - check out the guidance in my signature. There is a PS builder that will talk you through the process
    Ahh! Sorry! Had no idea that was a rule and didn't even consider plagiarism implications..!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Ahh! Sorry! Had no idea that was a rule and didn't even consider plagiarism implications..!
    That's OK. I'm sure most people offer for innocent reasons, but you can never know 100% and it's best to have a blanket ban. If you are at uni already and want to be a PS reviewer, you can apply to do it through TSR

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.