GCSE grow my grades

Watch this thread
Serenaprieto1
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hoping to grow my current grades for GCSE's!

Current grades:
English language - 7
English literature - 8
Mathematics - 5
Core science - A (already taken the exam)
Additional science - B
Philosophy and ethics - A
Music - A*
History - B+
German - B (already taken the exam)
Graphic products - B+
ICT Cambridge Nationals - Distinction (already taken the exam)

I have my mock exams in 5 weeks so I'm hoping to improve my current grades for then.
Any revision tips?
MissVampire
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Revision tips you say?

TIME
To be fair, revision is all about managing your time. So, you don't want to go too over the top nor do you want to do under. I'd say at least a hour a day for a minimum. But really it's want you can manage.
HOWI've done this myself but try not to just resulting to studying the easiest topics. Come on, let's not lie. I for one will admit there have been times where I'll come to revise and I'll deliberately spend time on what I know already. Yeah, repetition is good but don't do it just so you can push aside the harder stuff. It's important to revise everything but spend more time on the things you don't know very well. Use your five weeks reasonably. Don't go all crazy! Don't overload yourself with stress!Another thing that is important is how you revise. I remember when I took my GCSEs for the first time in year 10 and I'll admit it took me a while to realise how best I revise. Because come on! How do you revise!?!? So, anyway I tried recording my voice, plastering sticky notes every where possible in my room, made mind-maps and revision cards and watched few youtube videos. Most of these worked and some didn't. So it's all about knowing how you revise. I'm sure you're getting used to this hence the exams you've taken. Other tips:Sleep. Important you sleep. This links exactly with revision. Trust me, there are still times where I'll come to revise and I'll start to slowly nodd off. So get your sleep! Nearest your mocks as well!Study groups--Personally I don't really like to revise with others as I do get distracted. But if you can, then get a friend and revise with them!Organise your notes, make sure they're clear and easy to comphrend. Use all possible resources. For english too, I don't know if you're studying a book or not, but keep on top of the book! Keep reading!PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! AND JUST DO YOUR BEST! GOOD LUCK!HOPE THIS HELPS!
Serenaprieto1
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thankyou so much for the great tips and advice. I'm already finding revision easier!

(Original post by MissVampire)
Revision tips you say?

TIME
To be fair, revision is all about managing your time. So, you don't want to go too over the top nor do you want to do under. I'd say at least a hour a day for a minimum. But really it's want you can manage.
HOWI've done this myself but try not to just resulting to studying the easiest topics. Come on, let's not lie. I for one will admit there have been times where I'll come to revise and I'll deliberately spend time on what I know already. Yeah, repetition is good but don't do it just so you can push aside the harder stuff. It's important to revise everything but spend more time on the things you don't know very well. Use your five weeks reasonably. Don't go all crazy! Don't overload yourself with stress!Another thing that is important is how you revise. I remember when I took my GCSEs for the first time in year 10 and I'll admit it took me a while to realise how best I revise. Because come on! How do you revise!?!? So, anyway I tried recording my voice, plastering sticky notes every where possible in my room, made mind-maps and revision cards and watched few youtube videos. Most of these worked and some didn't. So it's all about knowing how you revise. I'm sure you're getting used to this hence the exams you've taken. Other tips:Sleep. Important you sleep. This links exactly with revision. Trust me, there are still times where I'll come to revise and I'll start to slowly nodd off. So get your sleep! Nearest your mocks as well!Study groups--Personally I don't really like to revise with others as I do get distracted. But if you can, then get a friend and revise with them!Organise your notes, make sure they're clear and easy to comphrend. Use all possible resources. For english too, I don't know if you're studying a book or not, but keep on top of the book! Keep reading!PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! AND JUST DO YOUR BEST! GOOD LUCK!HOPE THIS HELPS!
MissVampire
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Serena2k10)
Thankyou so much for the great tips and advice. I'm already finding revision easier!
Glad I could be some help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (270)
42.32%
The paper was reasonable (263)
41.22%
Not feeling great about that exam... (58)
9.09%
It was TERRIBLE (47)
7.37%

Watched Threads