Turn on thread page Beta

So over a year ago, I started talking to a guy online, or rather say, he started talking. First it was all about a page that he was running, he wanted my help, in running it. I did what I could he made me Editor.
    Then, like a week later, I told my parents that I was working with a guy running a fb page, they said I didn't need to do anything like that so leave it. I told him so and left his the Editorship of his page. I even left the site we had started talking on. But we were also connected on another forum site, where he messaged me again and we talked and talked on. Like a month later, he proposed me.
    I wasn't even into him at that time but of course, time by time, I also developed feelings for him.
    I knew even at that time that my parents won't approve of anything like that and so I told him but to be honest, he always encouraged me and excited feelings.
    I believed him and as time went by, I saw myself more and more falling for him.
    We had conflicts every now and then, whenever I discovered something about him. He used to talk to other girls which I hated. But, at the end, we always got together, no matter how hard we fought last time.
    We never talked on phone, just chatted.
    But then something happened, he discovered something about my sister and I noticed how his behavior changed. He would take hours to reply. He would be online but would ignore me at times. I tried to keep up with it. I told him how his behavior was bothering me.
    I also cried for him at times. Then today, he finally said that we couldn't make it and that we should separate.

It's just strange how he lost interest. And it makes me feel so bad, worthless!
    It has just put me into depression. I want to cry but I also don't want to cry for him. I wasn't even rude to him the last time, because apparently, he was just doing the right thing as per him, because we could not take it any where ahead anyway.

I want advice how to get over him? I keep thinking about him, how I did million things for him, how he meant the world to me and how can he act the way he did.

ReputationRep:
    Time is the only way to get over someone no matter what the story behind it is.
    It takes tears and anger and sleepless nights but everyday is easier than the next and before you know it you wake up fine.
    That being said, it ony works if you keep your distance as much as you can, every reminder of him will only open up wounds that you are trying to heal.
    By the sounds of it, you could have had a much better relationship anyway and if he has chose to act like that then long term he probably wasn't what you needed (even if it felt otherwise).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon8025)
    Time is the only way to get over someone no matter what the story behind it is.
    It takes tears and anger and sleepless nights but everyday is easier than the next and before you know it you wake up fine.
    That being said, it ony works if you keep your distance as much as you can, every reminder of him will only open up wounds that you are trying to heal.
    By the sounds of it, you could have had a much better relationship anyway and if he has chose to act like that then long term he probably wasn't what you needed (even if it felt otherwise).
    thats true. Time is the healer of all wounds

ReputationRep:
    take it easy, just do the things that matter to you most. Talk to people that bring you happiness, take a long walk you will be fine. Keep remebering the good times. Nature has a way of bringing nice people your way

ReputationRep:
    did you even meet this guy irl?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.